Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

After a trechurous river crossing we have a big hole in our bash guard. I am wondering if anyone has replaced this themselves and if anyone has any tips of where we might buy one. Or good Hyundai wreckers or suppliers in Aus?

Thanks heaps,
Emma

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Here in the States that piece is called a skid plate....I guess it's called something else down there. :) I had to remove mine once while trying to trace a coolant leak and I think it's held on by six to eight bolts. It's really not all that hard to take off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here in the States that piece is called a skid plate....I guess it's called something else down there. :) I had to remove mine once while trying to trace a coolant leak and I think it's held on by six to eight bolts. It's really not all that hard to take off.
Hey Andrew,

My bolts are broken/lost/absent/stolen.... I'm trying to find replacements. The skid plate is in really good condition, so I don't need to replace it. The culprits (AKA the "mechanics" at Jiffy Lube) didn't know the size of the bolts, nor did they have anything in-house.

Please check out the attached photo - does this make sense to you?

If I just go to a hardware store and buy the 7 bolts listed above, will I be good to go? I'm confused about the nuts though.... how does the mechanic get his hand up inside/behind the skid plate to hold the nut in place? I assumed the bolts screwed directly into some holes in the chassis. I am not a mechanic... but I do know how to put gas in the car and air in the tires!

Thanks for your help!
Jackie

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
all the bolts are the same size. You could have some that have broken off studs that are still in your car captive in the threads. Most people just leave those in and use however many are still left. I tend to drill mine out and buy new bolts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts