Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I am a new Venue owner. It's the essential
Trim with only 4 speakers. The sound is quite bad when the volume gets higher. So I wanted to replace the speakers. How can I confirm the speaker size? There are a lot of websites (like crutchfied or Metra) that can usually help but not with this new model.

I'm new to this forum. Do you think it would be appreciated if I post a video on how to access and replace the speakers (if I'm able to replace them by myself!).

Thanks!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Welcome aboard!

I can't help you with your speaker question, but I do feel your pain regarding the new model. I went to City Hall to get my City Sticker (basically a city tax on all vehicles) and they didn't have "Hyundai Venue" listed in their database. Took a bit of fiddling to get them to issue me a sticker.

Just a guess, but since the Venue is built on an Accent base, you might try the Accent speaker info at Crutchfield as a first guess. Definitely post a video if you replace them yourself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update: Crutchfield has updated their car list on their website.

i called them and they recommended to replace the speakers and see after that if I should add an amp. I will replace the 4 speakers with Kicker 46CSC654 (6.5 inch).

I will post an update once installed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi! I said I was going to update.... well here is the update but nothing useful for now :(

I tried to remove the plastic door panel. Removed the screw inside the small pocket and the triangle trim but could not figure out how to pull the plastic and got scared to break it. I gave up and will have it installed by a pro :(.

I'll report on the sound upgrade though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts