Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Has anyone replaced their Daytime Running Lights yet? I need to access mine as one of the bulbs has gone, however it's quite a tight access point under the front bumper and so difficult to see where I need to get to.

If anyone could give me some advice or point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi all,

Has anyone replaced their Daytime Running Lights yet? I need to access mine as one of the bulbs has gone, however it's quite a tight access point under the front bumper and so difficult to see where I need to get to.

If anyone could give me some advice or point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Tom
Yeah I'm wondering that too. Is there no official info in the user manual Tom ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I'm wondering that too. Is there no official info in the user manual Tom ?
I've had a look through the manual and it seems absolutely useless for this...I couldn't even find a bulb spec!
Perhaps it's in there, but I'll take it on good authority that they're 21/5W 380.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The only comment I would make is that if you remove the headlight, there is better access to the area below i.e. the day running light area. I made a summary many moons back about how to do it. I got slated by many who suggested you should just go and buy a bulb from Halfords as they fit them for you.
Which side is it that has blown ? we have the premium model so it has LED's but they are in the same position/area as the day running light bulb. If you tell me which side it is i will take the headlight out and give you a picture of the access area.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The only comment I would make is that if you remove the headlight, there is better access to the area below i.e. the day running light area. I made a summary many moons back about how to do it. I got slated by many who suggested you should just go and buy a bulb from Halfords as they fit them for you.
Which side is it that has blown ? we have the premium model so it has LED's but they are in the same position/area as the day running light bulb. If you tell me which side it is i will take the headlight out and give you a picture of the access area.
It's the driver's side that's gone. Doing that would be a fantastic help, way above and beyond what I expected!

·
Registered
202 Posts
The only comment I would make is that if you remove the headlight, there is better access to the area below i.e. the day running light area. I made a summary many moons back about how to do it. I got slated by many who suggested you should just go and buy a bulb from Hxxxxxxx as they fit them for you.
BiB. Why do some people, such as yourself consider it clever to re-name Halfords as you have done?
It's simply not clever and I suppose is done to suggest that the company has displeased them in one way or the other. Do you have a personal gripe with Halfords?
Grow up, I'd say.:frown:
I hope that the moderator/s pick up on this one.
I should add that I have no associations at all with this company.

·
Registered
722 Posts
BiB. Why do some people, such as yourself consider it clever to re-name Halfords as you have done?
It's simply not clever and I suppose is done to suggest that the company has displeased them in one way or the other. Do you have a personal gripe with Halfords?
Grow up, I'd say.:frown:
I hope that the moderator/s pick up on this one.
I should add that I have no associations at all with this company.
HHGTTG, I do see your point, however, I am a member of several car forums and the disparaging name substituted for that well known High Street automotive parts seller, is rightly or wrongly, common place. I am assuming that part of it comes from the fact that even in my own experience of purchasing from the company, they can be sometimes more expensive than other retailers and it is of course the company's choice to charge what they see fit based on undoubtedly a whole range of considerations. I personally, occasionally, still do buy products from the company, but they have to have an insanely good offer on to tempt me, and one area is their own range of professional tools, which, when priced at half their usual cost, are a good bargain!

So, I will take note of the displeasure and I would urge all members to refrain from using disparaging language or name substituions for well known companies. I think it is also wise from a legal perspective!

Please be kind to one another! :wink:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Halfords don't go out of their way to defraud anyone, to my knowledge. The choice is yours if you buy from any outlet and just because one disagrees with their pricing doesn't mean their name should be twisted to imply as such.
I have seen it elsewhere as well and contributors have been quite rightly reprimanded for being so childish.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Aha....I've just remembered why I stopped contributing to this forum. Good luck with your cars everyone, we love ours.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Aha....I've just remembered why I stopped contributing to this forum. Good luck with your cars everyone, we love ours.
This thread derailed frustratingly easily...I feel your pain and suppose I'll have to figure this one out myself. Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No far from it.....I've sent you my email address via a private message. Send me a reply and I'll send you as many pictures as you need (when it stops raining ��)
Received a guide, complete with pictures, on how to access the DRLs from below the bumper.
Thanks Anad, just what I was looking for!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fitted some new LED DRLs today...really easy actually.
For anyone still looking for some help: There are two plastic screws under each DRL, holding a grill (attached to the wheelarch liner) in place. Unscrew these and pry back the cover. Now you can reach up to the back of the DRL fitting. To remove it, it's just a simple twist and pull, and the cable is long enough to hang down so you can see what you're doing with the bulb.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Really great to see how other forum members can help out other members of the community by sharing their experience and knowledge.

Very pleased you have resolved your issue TheTomD and obvious thanks to Anad! :trophy:

·
Registered
5 Posts
For anyone still looking for some help: There are two plastic screws under each DRL, holding a grill (attached to the wheelarch liner) in place. Unscrew these and pry back the cover. Now you can reach up to the back of the DRL fitting. To remove it, it's just a simple twist and pull, and the cable is long enough to hang down so you can see what you're doing with the bulb.

Can you send me the instructions with the pictures I want to change them to LED. I would really appreciated.

Thanks.0:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Received a guide, complete with pictures, on how to access the DRLs from below the bumper.
Thanks Anad, just what I was looking for!
Hi Tom
I am having problems accessing the DRL's in my wife's 2018 i10 1L - could you possible send me the instructions for accessing them from underneath the bumper?

·
Registered
3 Posts

1 - 19 of 19 Posts