Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I see the LF has 2 drive belts, an inner belt for the water pump, and the outer for the AC & alternator. The outer belt has a tensioner, I don't see one on the inner one.

Anyone know how to replace the inner belt?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
The water pump belt is essentially a "Rubber band",,,

You can simply cut the belt off,, then it has to be tripped back on for install.. I just take and start it over water pump pulley and rotate crank while guide belt onto water pump pulley

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, that's interesting. When you say rotate the crank, is that something I can do with a wrench or socket at the pulley?

Thanks for the reply, I wasn't sure how many would have done this on newer model cars.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Well, that's interesting. When you say rotate the crank, is that something I can do with a wrench or socket at the pulley?

Thanks for the reply, I wasn't sure how many would have done this on newer model cars.
Cut the belt off.... you planning to re-use it --- just saved you $45 + shipping

Roll new belt on using or socket at crank pulley bolt --- save you $45 again..

Coworker bought 1 similar to that off tool truck,, ear too long for skinny pulley

If you want, you can send me $7 for a Wendy happy meal

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ha ha! Actually Lisle #59370 - a dual purpose tool for about $15-20. I'm not doing the belt for a while, but I appreciate the feedback so I know what I'm getting into.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts