Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,
first post - I recently bought a '17 Santa Fe Sport Base model and I have been disappointed with the base audio system so I will be doing some upgrades.
I just ordered stuff but as part of the process I may need to modify the foam tray/container under the cargo floor in the trunk to fit a subwoofer and an amp.

Before I start I want to see if I can buy a replacement tray/container if I mess up but so far google/ebay/amazon searches have produced nothing - not even a reference to it!
Anyone know where I can get one?

edit:
On a different note, I am probably gonna need to drill into the actual metal floor to secure the subwoofer - any tips on that? I don't want to create a rust problem or leave a hole there if I ever take it out ..

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Visit local Hyundai dealer part dept counter,,, person can look up parts for you, have VIN to id chassis

·
Registered
85 Posts
Dang...for that much, I might sell mine. Although, my wife might not like it. :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Go to a salvage yard. (used parts). They will probably sell you one for $20 bucks. Get the used part to cut up and save the one from your car to reinstall when you trade the car in. You can buy plastic plugs of various sizes to fill the holes up you make to mount the speaker. Most people will not know the difference from factory. If you do drill into the floor make sure you do not hit anything under the car. Use black sealer on the screw or bolt that comes through the floor to cut down on corrosion.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Go to a salvage yard. (used parts). They will probably sell you one for $20 bucks. Get the used part to cut up and save the one from your car to reinstall when you trade the car in. You can buy plastic plugs of various sizes to fill the holes up you make to mount the speaker. Most people will not know the difference from factory. If you do drill into the floor make sure you do not hit anything under the car. Use black sealer on the screw or bolt that comes through the floor to cut down on corrosion.

Thanks bud, I am about to do that part of the install this weekend so your tips on the drilling will come in handy (plus I'll ask around the junkyards when I get a chance).

I had a **** of a time installing the front tweeter replacements last weekend. I don't know why more people haven't mentioned how much work it takes (and cutting/drilling/splicing) to wire new component tweeters with a new crossover. I settled on running new wires to the door only to find that the door hinge has a connector instead of a simple hole! I ended up duct taping the crossover to the inside of the door panel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts