Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently purchased a second hand 2008 Hyundai Atos Prime. It has a third party deck already installed and I would like to purchase speakers to replace the stock ones. I am currently away from the car, and will be for another week and a half, and therefore cannot remove the stock speakers to measure them to ensure a fit. I have found several sites that have controversial listings for speaker size. Some say that the front speaker size is 3.5" and some say it's 4". The rear are listed as either 5" or 6" (5.25" or 6.5"). I don't want to purchase the wrong size speakers, but if I wait till I'm home to purchase them I will be paying over double what I would pay while abroad.

If anyone has any first hand insight into my dilemma I would greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome. I managed to get in touch with my brother and I got him to take a rear speaker out and it is 5". I'm assuming that the front are 4".....I couldn't convince him to take one out as they are in a tough spot under the dash....I also think that he's a bit too short-tempered not to break something while trying to remove them!

I don't want to add a sub as the trunk realty is scarce as it is, but I'm hoping that these are going to perform with more clarity than the stock ones. (The stock speakers are crap, that's for sure!)

I'm looking at the Pioneer TS-A1072R and the Pioneer TS-A1372R. I was thinking of going for something like a pair of 6x9's and putting them in the trunk shelf, but I think that it's too flimsy to hold them without adding quite a bit of support.

Any thoughts on what I'm thinking of doing are appreciated! :beer:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts