Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost a key fob and purchased a new one, very expensive. Well a couple months later I found the old one. But it won’t work, the dealership says we can only have 2 programmed key fobs. What’s the deal? I paid for the extra one. I should have 3 key fobs.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I lost a key fob and purchased a new one, very expensive. Well a couple months later I found the old one. But it won’t work, the dealership says we can only have 2 programmed key fobs. What’s the deal? I paid for the extra one. I should have 3 key fobs.
You do have 3 fobs. The Car will only recognise 2 or only 2 can be match at any one time. And if it's push button, chances are that old one can not be matched back to it again.

If you lost that fob, and did not find it, but someone else did and somehow discovered it belonged to your vehicle or if it was stolen with intent to steal your vehicle, how handy would it be that 3 fobs worked still?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Welcome to the world of modern technology/ How many fobs can mate to the vehicle varies by manufacturer and models. Some will only accept two at a time. If yours is one of those there is nothing that can be done to change the situation.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Yes only a virgin keyfob can be programmed. They are read only after that and cannot be reused. Side note...the paint on the cases is trash so you could sell the oem housing if it's in good condition and recoup some cost

·
Registered
1 Posts
How much did it cost to purchase and program the new keyfob. I'm assuming that you did it through the dealership.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport start with a dead fob and/or transponder (i.e. just with the key)?
-

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Can a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport start with a dead fob and/or transponder (i.e. just with the key)?
-
For smart key vehicles

Hold the dead fob on top of the start button for a few seconds. Dash will indicate to press start button with foot on brake.

Important step here...press the button with the fob. Vehicle should start

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts