Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how much work is involved in replacing the headlining in my Santa Fe and how much it would cost. The reason for asking is that when I bought my SF second hand it had a roof mounted DVD player fitted which looks like it has seen better days. On removal I found a large hole in the roof lining obviously made to install the DVD player. I want to remove the player as I already have a twin screen system that fits to the back of the headrests and I would like to reinstate the interior light. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Adam

·
Registered
156 Posts
Not adding any useful information to the question, however you may want to consider (if and when you get the headliner down) adding some sound deadening material to the roof since you'll have access. I had a friend who applied some to his roof and it helped with highway wind noise. I'd like to do the same myself, but am not ambitious enough to attempt taking down my headliner

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
I have had the headliner down on 1 side of a couple Santa Fe to replace the roof rack rail on couple Santa Fe... Basically start at 1 door and remove any trim that touches the panel, and items that rest on panel screwed to roof - move to the next door opening.. and the rear gate..

sunvisors, door opening molds, interior side garnish panels.. the rear is fun, you leave in the lower portion, but remove or pull loose. The rear lamp is screwed to the roof, so dont get in hurry, take your time... lucky you have rear gate, slide the panel right out the back... try that on the 4 door passenger chassis (Sonata, Azera, XG)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.