Hyundai Forums banner

1321 - 1340 of 1341 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'll be installing a new android 5.1.1 head unit in my 2012 and after skimming through this thread I read that the back up signal can be tapped into at the dimming rear-view mirror. I was just wondering if anyone had found the correct wire closer to the dash so that I don't have to do all the wire tucking from the mirror. Thanks

·
Registered
107 Posts
From what I can tell it's either or the blue wire at the BCM under driver's dash and the #2 wire in the red 20-pin plug under passenger's dash.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,
I just replaced my head unit and everything went fine. Unfortunately the rear entertainment system is giving me the error "no connection to front seats" and will not allow me to change the source (use the aux inputs). Has anyone run into this problem? I will also mention that I was not having this problem initially. Thanks.

John

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all, I have just attempted to replace my stock stereo with a Sony wx - GT90BT I bought the iso adaptors from aerpro which I connected up, everything works apart from the sound I understand this is probably due to the factory amp but I have no idea what to do to fix it, the iso from the stereo has a spare blue and white wire with power antenna written on it, should this be connected to anything? I'm based in Australia and the car is a 2008 2.2L CRDI Elite

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for all of the help guys. So I've now got the sound working on everything except the tuner, that is completely silent not even white noise, antenna is working fine on the original head unit, so I'm guessing that the head unit is broken, unless the santa Fe has a power antenna? Does anybody know if this is the case?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi glospete, I too have a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe CRDi Elite and am trying to install an Android navigation unit, but the supplier (out of China) cant get the harness right for my old original MP3 stereo plug to the new unit. As there is no sound and the steering wheel buttons wont program ... so it must be missing a few wires on the new harness. Mine has the factory amp under the seat and steering wheel buttons to control the radio etc, did yours?
Anyway ... long shot I know but do you have the original wiring diagram for your original headunit? Any help would be much appreciated!!
My original MP3 head unit has the following label info ... just no wiring diagram.

HMC
PART NO.: 96100-2B230
MODEL: M-465CGB
EWM7800087

Regards, Todd

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi glospete, I too have a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe CRDi Elite and am trying to install an Android navigation unit, but the supplier (out of China) cant get the harness right for my old original MP3 stereo plug to the new unit. As there is no sound and the steering wheel buttons wont program ... so it must be missing a few wires on the new harness. Mine has the factory amp under the seat and steering wheel buttons to control the radio etc, did yours?
Anyway ... long shot I know but do you have the original wiring diagram for your original headunit? Any help would be much appreciated!!
My original MP3 head unit has the following label info ... just no wiring diagram.

HMC
EWM7800087

Regards, Todd
If you have original amp, there's a small "can bus module" that's needed for the new unit to work properly. Some Chinese units sellers give the option to buy this module together with the unit. But I think it's difficult to find and buy this module separately.

For the steering wheel controls, they don't pass through CANBUS, it's just the correct wire you have to find to make them work. Unfortunately I don't have this diagram to help you.

Enviado de meu SM-N920G usando Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks rvbeppler! Yes the supplier has provided the CANBUS module with a second harness for the AMP. However, the plug on the harness with the CANBUS setup wasn't the 24pin required to fit to the original plug in the dash.
To the suppliers credit, their technician is asking for a wiring diagram and then they will make up a harness.
Unfortunately, a wiring diagram for the original stereo is proving a nightmare to track down...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,330

HMC
EWM7800087

Regards, Todd
Sorry Todd, I have long since sold the Hyundai and got rid of everything to do with it. I see others are replying so hopefully they can help.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've replaced my old android stereo with a new Sony XAV-AX100 with Apple Carplay and Android Auto and it works great! I just wanted to shared some pictures with you guys.

Here's the list of cables and adapters used:

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B4PJC9K[/ame]
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JYTMTQQ[/ame]
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EIEYW7G[/ame]
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0052IJDFS[/ame]

Cheers! :wink:

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. I've just bought on China market the newest Pumpkin Car Radio Android 8.0 (4GB RAM, 32GB ROM, 8x1,5GHz core) + rear cam, DAB+, WiFi and GPS antennas. I connected radio via ISO to my Santa Fe CM 2010 and almost everything works excellent unfortunately without sound (even system sound). I started google and found info that my car has additionaly amplifire HAP-65CM under passenger seat, which has to be activated by car radio to hear sound. I also googled that there is usually a blue wire which is divided into two ones. The first cares of motor antenna and is located in the ISO adapter but the second one is separated, and is originally named AMP. I checked this and my Pumpkin has two above mentioned wires.
May somebody help me and write where I should connect the blue wire to, to active the amplifire and have crystal sound? Thanks a lot for reply :)

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought a 2010 Santa Fe yesterday, and am keen to explore replacing the standard head-unit.

Is there a popular model of unit people generally go with, that works with the steering controls etc?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought an xtrons unit that was a direct replacement for my stock radio. I have a 2006 mk2 2.2 CD 7 seater. It came with the wiring harness however as mine had an amp under the driver seat I initially had no sound until I found the amp power cable on the Hyundai wiring loom and connected it to the amp cable from the xtrons radio.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've replaced my old android stereo with a new Sony XAV-AX100 with Apple Carplay and Android Auto and it works great! I just wanted to shared some pictures with you guys.

Here's the list of cables and adapters used:

Cheers! :wink:
Nice write up, does android auto works trhough the original usb plug with that adapter?

Thanks!

1321 - 1340 of 1341 Posts