Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 Accent 1.3L (carburetor model). Where can I find a used, remanufacterd or new replacement? I am located in South Africa.

·
Registered
8,036 Posts
Isn't that engine the same as a Mazda B engine? I think I had one in a mid 80's Ford Festiva once.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Thanks for the reply. I just read Wikipedia writeup on the mazda b engine. Seems like Kia and Ford made use of it not hyundai. Most of them being fuel injection. My car is drinking fuel now. I did overhaul the engine at 280 000km. The engine was slightly heavier on fuel after the overhaul but not as drastic as now. The carb was not a problem then but as time went one it became. I have tried adjusting fuel/airl mixture screw, the idle fuel mixture screw and idle speed screw. Also the engine speed screw and the fast idle screw. All to the leanest. But at startup epecially when cold its seems to take a long time to warm up and dumps most of the fuel during that time but I do notice driving around thereafter also drops the needle. I would say I am now getting 30 kms to 7 litres of petrol. Whereas just after I overhauled the engine I made a long trip of about 400km on about 21 litres of fuel. Now it looks like I would get 90 kms on the same amount of petrol. Somewhere in the carb i am losing petrol . The plugs are burning well around the electrode but the outer area is black. So it burning the fuel but there is extra fuel in the chamber. Plugs are not wet though. Have had the car from new and the carb has never been touched. The plan is to source another and if it is used then I will service that one and install to see what happens. I dont want to strip the current one as yet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Everybody, I have included some pictures of the carb. All I see physically stamped on the carb is Made in Korea. The part number from Hyundai is 3211022320. If anyone know of inform, manualsm manufacturer if non hyundai etc please get in touch with me. Or if you have had a similiar issue. Also knowing what other carburetor might work would be a bonus.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Everybody, I have included some pictures of the carb. All I see physically stamped on the carb is Made in Korea. The part number from Hyundai is 3211022320. If anyone know of inform, manualsm manufacturer if non hyundai etc please get in touch with me. Or if you have had a similiar issue. Also knowing what other carburetor might work would be a bonus.

Thanks
I believe the Mazda 1.3L from the mid 80's is the same motor. I had a Ford Festiva that was made by Kia but had the Mazda 1.3L motor in it.

Thanks
Hi,
Had u any luck finding where to buy the new carburetor?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts