Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
i10 se 1litre manual 2017
20 Posts
Instructions to replace the bulbs should be in the handbook, if its similar to the earlier model, it involves removing the relevant rear wheel and liner to gain access to the rear of the light unit. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai i20 SE Connect
177 Posts
The 1st attachment below is copied from Section 8.61 of the 2020 i10 Owner's Manual. As Bobby Boy has advised, to gain access the initial stages (for UK-specification cars) will involve removing the right-hand rear wheel and the plastic liner in the wheel-arch.

If your car has the type of anti-theft wheel nuts shown on the 2nd attachment, you'll need to be careful not to damage the 'key' when removing and refitting the nuts.

Watercraft Motor vehicle Font Output device Screenshot
Automotive tire Household hardware Camera lens Gas Rim

·
Registered
177 Posts
I think prandall278's i10 is a 2021 model and (if it's like my similar-age i20) will have as standard no spare wheel, jack or wheel-nut wrench - just a compressor/sealant tyre mobility kit.

Whatever the method used to raise the car to allow the wheel to be removed, (as you rightly warn) the person carrying out the task needs to be absolutely certain that the vehicle is securely supported.

After the wheel has been replaced, the wheel-nuts should be tightened to 108Nm-127Nm (80-94 ft-lbs). I found this a tricky task where the Hyundai wheel-nuts were concerned as, unless the wheel-nut anti-theft key was pushed firmly and squarely against the nut, the key would detach from the nut. An impact wrench should NEVER be used to loosen/tighten the Hyundai anti-theft nuts as - if the nut i(or the key) becomes damaged - removing the nut will be very challenging.

(The i10 Owner's Manual states that the rear fog-lamp bulb is a P21WLL. I believe this is dimensionally the same as a commonplace P21W bulb, with the LL suffix indicates that it is 'Long Life'. If a P21WLL bulb can be obtained, it would make good sense to fit it: otherwise a P21W should work OK.)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Again thanks both of you for the replies safety is key when working underneath on cars DLUi20 yes it did come with no jack ect just the compressor and sealant. I managed to buy a spare wheel ,jack and nut wrench
As another safety precaution I place the spare wheel underneath the car even when there is a axle stand in place.
Again thanks both of you for your help

·
Registered
177 Posts
For what it's worth...

My understanding is that current i10s can have two designs of headlamp.

One design is the 'projector' type where high and low beam are provided by a single single-filament HB3 60W bulb and there's a separate H7LL 55W bulb that illuminates when the car is cornering (Low Beam Assist-Static Light). All these bulbs should not be difficult to source if a replacement were needed.

The other headlamp design has a single double-filament H19 60/55W bulb, and this may be harder to source if a replacement were needed quickly. An H19 looks similar to the traditional H4 bulb, but - as explained on the following link - H19 and H4 bulbs are not compatible.

Either way, replacing any of the headlamp bulbs will be a task best not attempted in a roadside lay-by...

H19 bulb: has anyone tried it on a H4 housing?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts