Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my nice SKYBLUE HSH. Started to replaces stuff on it.

Instructions:

1. Remove screws with a philips screw driver (2 screws on each light)

2. Pull out the light assembly + light bulb

3. Replace OEM bulbs with LED

4. Make sure the light assembly is attached properly to prevent water from going in

5. Put screws back on and waaalaaa.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Oh, don't I feel a little silly. Now that you point it out, it is pretty obvious that one is the old bulb and left one is the much brighter LED one.

Love the tail lights on this car. Can't wait to actually pick mine up.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Those should work, reddog. Not what I have in mine, but the same base.

One note for you though - our housings are not actually 194 housings. This means that while the base fits, the contact spacing is slightly different. Sylvania may account for this in their design; the bulbs I got did not. This caused both bulbs to dim and go out at times. However, I was able to bend the contact leads on the bulbs slightly outwards and get a good connection. The work fine now (no problems for about a year).

·
Banned
532 Posts
Anyone else notice a white wash effect with their back up camera ?

With our SFS the LED washes out the picture, just like having the contrast turned up on a TV. It's annoying but for the minimal time spent in reverse not really an issue.

·
Registered
441 Posts
How do you gain access to the dome lights with the case. Unfortunately the back up camera is a lot worse with the LED's. I'm debating returning them. I'll give it a few days. I'm more about functions than looks so I don't like the decreased visiblity...

·
Registered
920 Posts
Great update. Thanks for the info. Now I'm second guessing the led lights. Sorry you had to be "guinea pig" I'm more for practically too. As for the dome lights do you have the sun roof or no. I dont think it matters because you could open them with a flat head screw driver or a flat tool. (Dont know the name)

I found this YouTube video from precision led. Hope its what your looking for.

*can't post link yet. 6 days registered need 7.*

YouTube Hyundai sonata led dome lights it usually the first one up.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Where can you find out what kind of bulb goes in the dome light assembly? I couldnt find it in the manual. I was wondering about moving the license plate LED's to the interior.

·
Registered
441 Posts
thanks for all the info. update on the license plate lights. I tested it again briefly and it wasn't that bad. The day I posted it was raining and visibility was bad. it does look a ton better from an aesthetic point of view.. I will keep trying the back up camera at night and let you know my verdict. I don't drive a lot at night during the week so will let you know.

·
Registered
802 Posts
If you are going to do dome lights, a couple tips.

1) Pull the Room Lamp fuse first! This sounds like either a no-brainer or an extra safe step, but the dome lights in this car are super easy to short out.
2) If you look on the web and anyone recommends removing the overhead console, then opening it just to get to the bulb, they are wrong. The lenses pop out with minimal effort!

I did my dome lights pretty soon after getting the car, and I am happy. Note that these cars use a negative switch (the positive feed is continuous). This makes the LED's "glow" a little if you get standard ones. Personally, I don't mind (I kind of like it), so I leave it as such. If you get "CANBUS" bulbs, it should prevent the glow.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts