Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys, I bought an used Hyundai elantra 2017 with 72k milles, after some weeks of use I was put my car parked for 3-4 days and the battery died, so I thougth ok my battery migth be is wrong then I decided change this, But after 2 weeks of the battery replacement I putted again my car parked for 3-4 days, and again the battery was die, At that moment I thougth migth be I have a parasitic consuption then I putted an tester in amperimetric mode waiting 20 minutes before got the measure and I had a 0.86 amps of consuptiom So i tried to found the consuption and vouala the fuse B1 40 amps was the problem, at this moment I decided got my car into a repair car shop, After 2 days of diagnosys the Repair guy told me your car has a bad junction box, So I orderer a new junction box from https://www.sparekorea.com/ this spare was replaced and suposedly the comsuption was gone whit a parasitic consuption of 0.01 amps, but really I dont know is this was true (because the repair guy sent me a picture with the mesure), Yesterday after 3 days without using my car again my car was discharged, This b1 fuse gives electricity to (smart junction box, current autocut device and fuses F10,F12,F21, F29 F38), i tried removed the mencioned fuses and the consuption was the same, so I dont know if the autocut device is inside the junction box.

of course I noticed teh garage and they asked to my I in my neighborhood there is any cell phone tower?, and yes closer to my house I have 4 cell towers, One of them 30 meters o less od distance of my parking spot other less than 60 meters, and the other ones more than 100 meters and les than 150 meters.

Anyone of you have had an issue like this?.
Regards

·
Registered
67 Posts
I would have start with a basics alternator starter. I havee not have too change a Junction Box I don't think of ever changed one on a Hyundai before.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I would have start with a basics alternator starter. I havee not have too change a Junction Box I don't think of ever changed one on a Hyundai before.
Hello thank you so much for you answer the Alternator was checked and looks in perfect work condition. When you mention the starter is the module or the starter engine? regards

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,969 Posts
i tried removed the mencioned fuses and the consuption was the same
Did you try removing all the other fuses from the interior fusebox too? If not I suggest you give that a try, because the fuses you list as being supplied with power from B+1 is incorrect according to the info I have.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Did you try removing all the other fuses from the interior fusebox too? If not I suggest you give that a try, because the fuses you list as being supplied with power from B+1 is incorrect according to the info I have.

Hello dear thank you so much for your help, Actually no I did not try to unplug the other fuses I have checked again the diagram and the fuses are other. Smart Junction Block (Leak Current Autocut Device, Fuse : BRAKE SWITCH, MODULE 1, DR LOCK, PDM 1, PDM 2) And reading the documentation:
1. Break switch : Stop Lamp Switch, Smart Key Control Module
2. Module 1:Key Interlock, Driver/Passenger Smart Key Outside Handle, Driver/Passenger Door Module, BCM, Driver/Passenger Outside Mirror Switch/Motor
3. Dr lock: Door Lock/Unlock Relay, E/R Junction Block (Two Turn Unlock Relay)
4. PDM 1: Smart Key Control Module
5. PDM 2: Smart Key Control Module, Immobilizer Module

Let me know if I'm wrong whit this information please.

regards

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,969 Posts
Cerpas said:
Let me know if I'm wrong whit this information please.
It doesn't match my info :
B+1 (60A) - SAFETY POWER WINDOW LH, SAFETY POWER WINDOW RH, P/SEAT DRV, P/SEAT PASS, MODULE1, P/WDW LH, P/WDW RH, TRUNK, S/HEATER RR, SUNROOF2, SUNROOF1

B+4 (40A) - Leak Current Auto-Cut Device, INTERIOR LAMP, MULTI MEDIA, MEMORY1, DOOR LOCK, S/HEATER FR, BRAKE SWITCH, SMART KEY, MODULE10

Regardless of who's info is correct though, I would still try removing all the other fuses to see if one of them changes the current that is being drawn from the battery. It would be kinda dumb not to for all the extra time it takes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
B+1 (60A) - SAFETY POWER WINDOW LH, SAFETY POWER WINDOW RH, P/SEAT DRV, P/SEAT PASS, MODULE1, P/WDW LH, P/WDW RH, TRUNK, S/HEATER RR, SUNROOF2, SUNROOF1

B+4 (40A) - Leak Current Auto-Cut Device, INTERIOR LAMP, MULTI MEDIA, MEMORY1, DOOR LOCK, S/HEATER FR, BRAKE SWITCH, SMART KEY, MODULE10

Regardless of who's info is correct though, I would still try removing all the other fuses to see if one of them changes the current that is being drawn from the battery. It would be kinda dumb not to for all the extra time it takes.

Hi before to replace the previous junction box the comsuptiom was the same if I remove all fuses this was the reason to replace it, Let me remove all fuses again in this spare. I'll anounce to you if I have luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Hello, I did not have lucky removing fuses, I have got some insteresting information about my car, this car had an important accident in the front and I have discover that the sensor lach hood is unpluged actually was cutted in the carsh so There is a posibillity to this unpluged sensor is keepink active the BCM and this never goes to "sleep"? (I read the user manual and this car does not have a notification when the hood is open) and this maybe is the drain battery overnitgh consuptiom. beacause I'm really confused and also I read in other posts of oldest elantra (2011-2015) wich mention this posibillity, so For my it have sense but I'm not sure. I read the fuse diadran on both cases and the affected "fuses" are similar, anther important apointment is my car have an smartkey.

Regards.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
other possibility's to check are the glove box light staying on, trunck light, visor light.
Hello those possibility's were checked and all was well, just I have this sensor switch unpluged (cutted) in the lach hood.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts