Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the front calipers started to get hung up recently on my 2011 hybrid, so I replaced both front calipers and pads myself this week. Very straightforward replacement, and I can’t complain considering we live in the Northeast and have owned the car since brand new. The right rear caliper was replaced in January by my local shop after it was running hot and got hung up too. Guess 11 years with the OEM calipers in the rust belt is a good stretch.
Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Machine Engineering Auto part

Automotive tire Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Rim

Reactions: Fly17 and Johns2.0T

·
Registered
253 Posts
One of the front calipers started to get hung up recently on my 2011 hybrid, so I replaced both front calipers and pads myself this week. Very straightforward replacement, and I can’t complain considering we live in the Northeast and have owned the car since brand new. The right rear caliper was replaced in January by my local shop after it was running hot and got hung up too. Guess 11 years with the OEM calipers in the rust belt is a good stretch. View attachment 472249
View attachment 472250
Lubricate the caliper guides twice a year

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice ...! (y) what brand calipers are they?
Nothing special, remanufactured AutoZone Duralast with limited lifetime warranty. I would rather buy new from Rock Auto, but I needed it done that day so my son could take it to work.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lubricate the caliper guides twice a year
Actually, the guide pins seemed fine, it was the piston that gave me a hard time while trying to compress it.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The rotor doesn't look good. I'd recommend replace it. Watch out for two rusted rotor screws.
I was thinking about that too, but braking is smooth, no issues. I had replaced the pads and rotors a little over three years and just over 30,000 miles ago. They should have plenty of life left in them.

Reactions: Frank Xu
1 - 7 of 7 Posts