Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all from Boquete Panama,
I just replaced the clockspring on my 2007 Santa Fe because of no horn and lack of competent mechanics. Everything went smoothly following the instructions available on the Vera Cruz forum. However, now there is a clicking noise that sounds like the turn signal cancel mechanism. Everything works fine I just need to know if anyone has an idea regarding the clicking noise. Makes two quick clicks during the first 1/8 of movement of the steering wheel, right or left, then no noise until the next turn.

Thanks in advance, Jim

·
Registered
301 Posts
did you move the angle position sensor? it should be centered when replacing the CS. redo the steps maybe something was left loose or unplugged

·
Banned
6,990 Posts
Get back in there and double check your work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Problem solved?

Well, I took the advice to double check the install. When I moved the Santa Fe to my work area, the clicking sound has miraculously dissappeared...Go figure. Guess I'll just wait and see if it returns.
Thanks to all!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hi, I need to replace my clock spring but Hyundai France are looking for €250 for the part! I tried one of these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Airbag-C...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649 but, of course, it didn't fit.
Could you please tell me where you sourced your clock spring and what price you paid? Many thanks.
You need to have the exact same clockspring as it handles the signals coming from the steering wheel horn and steering control buttons (radio, phone, cruise), so that said count the pins in both CS connectors on each side before ordering to avoid getting a CS that will leave some functions not working. Call again at try to get the part number and look that up online, there are many sites that sell CS at a decent price

1 - 7 of 7 Posts