Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just stopping back to list some of the "Bob the mechanic" adventures. Just replaced the front hub assemblies ( bearings) ,rotors and pads.... again .... I've done this job several times since 2007 & 175K miles. And of course I found the right caliper hung up with the new pads... so that got replaced as well... second time for the right side.

The rear hubs, rotors & pads have been replaced along with the rear wiper motor and the sliding door motor & cable on the left side. And right now I'm waiting on the left side locking controller unit because I went through the replacement of the little actuator motor & that didn't remedy the door not operating.
I think I've replaced the stabilizer links front and back at least twice and the same with the battery. Front struts, rear shocks and the struts for the hood and tailgate go on the list as well. About $2200. in parts so far. I paid almost $500. to have the AC compressor replaced as well.
Been a good vehicle but a crap load of repairs.
Good news is I haven't replaced the spark plugs yet but have a set in the toolbox if she starts to stutter.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As mentioned in the original post ... 175K.
Now waiting for the power sliding door latch assemblies for both sides. About $110. total from two sources. They seem to be an item that wears out quickly.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Well I suppose considering tyres it's not all that costly but it's more the amount of repairs that have been needed. I have an I30 CRDI 155,000kms and apart from maintenance items all I have done is front rotors/pads and tyres but their maintenance items. The only problem is the door locks make a buzzing noise when locking with the remote only so that's something I need to look at.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did the new latch fix it. I just replaced both latches and both actuators and one side the outside handle.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another followup because I got to change a few more parts. Two weeks ago the Entourage just died pulling out of a local store. Pushed the heavy beast into a local driveway of an empty home ( know the owner) and the adventure begin. To abbreviate the post ... got my tester and the three codes all pointed to the throttle position & accelerator pedal sensor. So over the course of a week I replaced the TPS...then the whole throttle body ...then the accelerator pedal assembly and finally the fuel pump ... all with zero change. Car would not start. Arranged for a tow on Sunday to take the vehicle to a local garage I trust the next morning. Through that same afternoon I pondered the situation and decided I had better go and check the relay(s). Sure enough .. about $520. dollars later I found a bad $20. relay.
Canceled the tow and drove the car about four days ..... and then the car would not start again. This time I found an issue with the coil fuse. Not blown but just not totally seated in the slot.
Live & learn...... not the car's fault I'm a crappy mechanic.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,344 Posts
Sure enough .. about $520. dollars later I found a bad $20. relay.
This is a great example of why you shouldn't replace parts solely based on a scan tool is telling you. Great to hear your back on the road though.

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,403 Posts
2007 means it is a 11 to 12 year old car.
And by the sounds of it, lots of repairs were done to keep it running

My 2001 Elantra took front struts, rear shocks, two sets of tires, drivers and passengers CV axles
Both outer tie rod ends, new rotors and pads, then new rotors and pads and calipers after the master cylinder locked up, new brake lines, in-take manifold gasket, new valve cover gasket, two purge valves, one vent valve, battery, radio, alternator and belt. Both lower control arms and sub frame were replaced under recall. And, I still had a evap code that I could not figure out. I bought the car used in 2011 thinking this car should have another five years. The rear cross member became rusted to the point of falling apart when touched. It was a money pit to keep running. My wife had enough and we sold the vehicle for two hundred to just get rid of it.

note: forgot about O2 senors, abs wheel sensor, TPS, exhaust flex pipe, light bulbs,
And, front wheel bearings

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2007 entourage and I am finally getting to fixing all the little things, and some bigger than little. Latches that were recalled and replaced in 2011 were both crunching away. Almost every time the door closed. Dealer of course accepted zero responsibility for the faulty changed latches. Found them pretty reasonable online and changed them out. Found out that dealer took off the moisture barrier and never replaced and left out the hardest bolt to get to. Interesting what you find when others have been under the door pannel. Also changed the motor actuator to make the doors move by push of a button. What a delightful feeling. Hear want to get in? "Push" :) changed the tie end rods they were making quite the noise. And the air intake had many many cracks so got that changed out. Finally after 180k miles changed that back wiper. So simple why didnt indo it before. Have an aftermarket armrest headed my way hopefully it looks similar. The front two are torn to shreds. If the first one works will order the second. Changed out the sliding outside handle. There is an oil leak and will have to tackle that job but need to do a little more research and watch a few more youtube videos for that one. The stereo back light has gone out and need a new one apparently it's a bit tricky with the stock amp and dvd entertainment system. So more research is being done I would also like to add a backup camera when i do that. Feels good to keep the mom machine running. Keep it up!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts