Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello new member here just bought a 2013 sonata, If i replace the head unit will i loose the ability to remote start with blue link? is it dependent on the head unit? I only use the remote start. Any info would be great.

on a side note has anyone moved the stock stereo to a differnet location like the cubby beneath the temp controls, I want to mount a android tablet but if i have to keep the stock head unit im curious if theres enough room in there to run the wiring through

thanks for any assistance.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
Hello new member here just bought a 2013 sonata, If i replace the head unit will i loose the ability to remote start with blue link? is it dependent on the head unit? I only use the remote start. Any info would be great.

on a side note has anyone moved the stock stereo to a differnet location like the cubby beneath the temp controls, I want to mount a android tablet but if i have to keep the stock head unit im curious if theres enough room in there to run the wiring through

thanks for any assistance.
I do not have BlueLink but my guess is YES since the BlueLink cars have different head units than the non-blue link. With what I have seen/heard of the system's performance, you wont be losing much if you upgrade your HU and get an aftermarket remote start system.

You can buy kits to relocate the head unit to the bottom of the center stack but you will lose the storage box. Also, your climate controls will be more difficult to get to.

I will not call out any specific vendors here so as not to start an argument, but you should be able to find them easily via google. Quality of the product may vary as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do not have BlueLink but my guess is YES since the BlueLink cars have different head units than the non-blue link. With what I have seen/heard of the system's performance, you wont be losing much if you upgrade your HU and get an aftermarket remote start system.

You can buy kits to relocate the head unit to the bottom of the center stack but you will lose the storage box. Also, your climate controls will be more difficult to get to.

I will not call out any specific vendors here so as not to start an argument, but you should be able to find them easily via google. Quality of the product may vary as well.
I was looking for a kit to relocate but im not sure what im really looking for, If you could PM me an idea of what to search for? id appreciate it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts