Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I took the car into the dealership to check an odd noise that comes from the front of the car everytime i pass over speed bump or road holes.

They say i have to replace the steering rack. $700.00 including labour.

Isnt it covered by the guaranty? Can it be fixed or have to be changed anyway?

Hope you can provide more info.

Regards,

Ivan.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Maybe tell us where you're from and what mileage your car has, maybe your warranty has expired?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im from Panama, mileage: 25,476

Their warranty covers 5 years or 62137 miles (whichever occurs first)

·
Registered
417 Posts
It should be covered. From what I read, Panama's warranty is for 5 yr/125,000 KM (77671miles) However, Panama has a requirement that you must have it regularly serviced at the Hyundai dealer.
TO KEEP THE VEHICLE WARRANTY MUST BE SERVICED AT AN AUTHORIZED HYUNDAI AND USE GENUINE SPARE PARTS DEALER. ITS FIRST MAINTENANCE WILL BE THE 1,000 KM, THE SECOND TO THE 5,000 KMS, AND THEREAFTER EVERY 5,000 KM OR 3 MONTHS WHICHEVER COMES FIRST.

ANY INSTALLATION OF ALARM, INMOBILIZER, RADIO AND OTHER COMPUTERS OR ELECTRONIC ACCESSORIES SHOULD BE PERFORMED BY A WORKSHOP AUTHORIZED HYUNDAI TO AVOID THE IMMEDIATE ANNULMENT OF THE FACTORY WARRANTY.
If you didn't perform the PM service at the dealer, then....? This is not the case in the USA. Here you can service your car anywhere you want to. The mfgr cannot void the warranty. Futher, there is no PM for the power steering here. So they can't deny fixing it even if you had no regular service at all. Different countries, different warrrantys and different laws. Sorry to hear about your issue. I'm not trying to send you away, but you might get better answers to this on a website dedicated to Panama car buyers

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You got it!

I didnt have services in an authorized dealer so they say im not under warranty.

I wouldnt have taken it to any of dealers anyway. I have heard so many bad things: they dont change oils, they dont change filters (as they are suppsed to) when you take it in for maintenance service

Is theere like a complaints email or something?

Im not going to waste my time taking this to local authorities

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
Check the local Hyundai website for your country for customer service phone numbers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts