Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible or optimal to replace all halogen/standard bulbs with LED? My Venue SEL didn't come with LEDs for anything that I know of and need a little help seeing at night and halogen just isn't cutting it. What is the connection type I need to look for? The manual states HB3 and I wanted to make sure of what I get if I do this. Is this something the dealer can do for me in the service area?

Any input is appreciated!

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
You can get aftermarket drop in replacements for most bulbs but from my experience their crap. I tried it once and took the bulbs out after breaking down and crying.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can get aftermarket drop in replacements for most bulbs but from my experience their crap. I tried it once and took the bulbs out after breaking down and crying.
You cried? Yikes! I'm very picky about what I get and wouldn't ever buy something like this at a part store, not sure if that's what happened to you but I've had great luck with a company called SNGL. Been running them for years without a single issue. I have a nice pair of H4's sitting here collecting dust because they were for my old car and won't fit the Venue .... Mainly I need to make sure I get the right size/type maybe?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I know they have come a long way. The big issue in most places is compliance.
Exactly... shipping will take a while from Amazon but I will likely use them due to free returns and such so... if it doesn't fit/work back it goes! I did find these that seem to specifically be made for the lens system... just hope they fit.. I found in my manual these specs so it may work... My build is under Type A...
venue.PNG

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
I did fit a set of stop/tail lights in a 4WD many years ago because they kept failing I figured because of vibration not any other reason and they lasted for years till I sold the car but the headlights were an absolute flop. I have fitted cars with LED park lights but they are quiet blue and I really doubt that they lasted any longer which they should have.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got great results with these in my Tucson:
Good beam pattern and much brighter than halogen.
That's not a bad price! I'll have to check them out. The link pointed me to these Amazon.com: HIKARI 2020, 9005 HB3 LED Headlight Bulbs, 150% Brightness, 100% Extra Night Visibility, TOP XHP50.2 LED 10400lm 6000K Cool White: Automotive saying they're an updated model... Amazon says they're not compatible with my Venue but it's the same plug so who knows. $70 isn't really a risk so... I'll give them a shot!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yea I know they have come a long way. The big issue in most places is compliance.
Compliance is only an issue with headlights and in some cases fog lights. The remainder of the running lights can benefit changing to LED because they are less susceptible to failure from vibration and in some cases are much brighter.

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
The problem with compliance is they have not set the standard yet so until that's done they remain illegal. I have seen some very silly things in the past one being the cars that had been manufactured with inertial reel seat belts all had to be removed and replaced with the old style slide adjustment and another all cars fitted with four way flashers must have it disconnected before they could be sold on the Australian market. These examples are a bureaucracy out of control. Until such time as they are tested for light transmittance they remain on the illegal shelf. HID conversions are one that in my books should remain illegal because not one aftermarket kit has the auto leveler mechanism built in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The problem with compliance is they have not set the standard yet so until that's done they remain illegal. I have seen some very silly things in the past one being the cars that had been manufactured with inertial reel seat belts all had to be removed and replaced with the old style slide adjustment and another all cars fitted with four way flashers must have it disconnected before they could be sold on the Australian market. These examples are a bureaucracy out of control. Until such time as they are tested for light transmittance they remain on the illegal shelf. HID conversions are one that in my books should remain illegal because not one aftermarket kit has the auto leveler mechanism built in.
That's why I was wondering about contacting the dealership about it... is that something they can do? Would do? Convert me to LED? I know the Venue comes with them, just my particular build didn't.

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
If so I would guess they would charge quiet a bit because I would think it's not just a bulb change but the entire light but I don't know if that's whats required. You could give them a call.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I went ahead and put some in myself... Boy was that a tight fit for the ol' hands!! Working perfectly so far! No flickering or any errors. Need to get something brighter, but the issue with that is the dust covers. But so far so good! Perfectly aligned as well... No issues for oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is it possible or optimal to replace all halogen/standard bulbs with LED? My Venue SEL didn't come with LEDs for anything that I know of and need a little help seeing at night and halogen just isn't cutting it. What is the connection type I need to look for? The manual states HB3 and I wanted to make sure of what I get if I do this. Is this something the dealer can do for me in the service area?

Any input is appreciated!
We replaced the halogen bulbs on our 2015 Honda Fit with these plug and play led replacement bulbs. They were rock solid and provided a noticeable improvement. The new Venue SEL has led low beam headlights but halogen high beam headlights. I have no idea if these led bulbs can be used to replace the halogen high beams in the Venue but would love the upgrade if it can be done.

I went ahead and put some in myself... Boy was that a tight fit for the ol' hands!! Working perfectly so far! No flickering or any errors. Need to get something brighter, but the issue with that is the dust covers. But so far so good! Perfectly aligned as well... No issues for oncoming traffic.
[/QUOTE]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts