Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Congrats for the community, lots of useful info here.

I just took my 2016 1.7 CDRI Tucson for a scheduled service (at my local Hyundai dealership) when the car reached the 25,000km mark and was notified that the front brake pads need to be replaced.

Is the lifespan of the Hyundai brake pads so low? Having a quick look online, the average brake pad life is in the 25,000 - 60,000 miles (40,000-100,000km)

The car is mainly used by my wife who is by no means driving and braking like crazy, especially if also taken into consideration that its the main car used to drive our toddler to school, home, around, etc

Is this normal?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Get a second opinion

It is possible if a lot of stop and go etc. Did they say what percentage of the pads are remaining? Has the warning squeal started to be heard, indicator that the pads are low?

·
Registered
850 Posts
It really depends on how people drive. Some people, like my brother, i've ridden with are late brakers, braking hard a short distance from a stop light. He goes through brake pads like crazy on all his cars.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Also some people ride the brake. If your wife does that, she will wear out her brake pads sooner as well. But I agree with others above--get a second opinion.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I changed mine at 58000kms.i had all most 30% left kn my front pads but back pads were all most done.

As others said its mainly how you drive. Take it to ordinary workshop and ask them to check the pads. Dealers are always there to make money.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts