Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Hello from Brazil! Is it possible someone have the workshop manual for G4FC hyundai engine in here? It is assembled on the 1.6 4L line.

·
Registered
1 Posts
need info, new accent owner and i have this 2012 accent 5dr 1.6l 6 speed stick, i need a new ecu, the #4cly driver is bad due to a mouse chewing on the #4 cly ign coil wires and shorting out the coil and damaging the ecu. when i put a test light on #4 while car is running the coil stays powered on all the time, no on and off like it should, my question is can i put a used ecu from a another 2012 with the same part # on it and fix my problem for now until i can get the original one fixed?

·
Registered
12,637 Posts
can i put a used ecu from a another 2012 with the same part # on it and fix my problem for now until i can get the original one fixed?
That will depend on where in the world your located. If your in the USA then you probably can just swap the ECU with one from a donor vehicle. If your located else where, you probably can't because of the immobilizer. On vehicles with a factory transponder key immobilizer the ignition keys are coded/paired to the engine ECU. If you use an ECU from a donor car you would also need the ignition keys that are paired to that ECU or the engine wont start.

If your in the USA and your car has push button start then you probably couldn't just swap ECUs either. I think ALL cars with push button start have a transponder type immobilizer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi im from macedonia i have accent 1998 and i have one problem nobody here can resolve the problem inside the motor i hear bad noise we found it was valve lifters i change with new one all 12 first day working like new next day again cracking noise i use oil 10/40 liqui moly.can you please tell me how can i fix these crakcing noise.thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts