Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey so this might sound od, but i want to remove the spoiler from the car.. is it possible? i plan to remount a different third light in side the car but i want to put a CF civic spoiler instead.. or should i just put the civic one over top of it?

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
QUOTE (nobodieshero07 @ Jul 4 2010, 03:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338803
hey so this might sound od, but i want to remove the spoiler from the car.. is it possible? i plan to remount a different third light in side the car but i want to put a CF civic spoiler instead.. or should i just put the civic one over top of it?
Is your Accent a hatch or sedan?

If it's a hatch, when you look at the roof, the spoiler is actually its continuity so IMO repacing it with something else won't look good. That said, the spoiler is removed from inside. You remove the trim at the top of the hatch and you can get to the nuts from there. It's similar with the sedan, remove the trunk lid trim (if there's any) and remove the nuts holding the spoiler on. It'd pretty straightforward. The base of the spoiler might be stuck to the trunk/hatch with 2-sided tape to keep water out.

In both cases, be careful not to scratch the paint when removing/installing. If you do, it'll rust.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hatch. i just wonder what i should do. it would look sweet but then again, it would lok dumb with the stock spoiler and an aftermarket.evern just to see what it looks like with out would be ok

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
810 Posts
It's not smooth under the spoiler. The spoiler is needed to complete the body style, so if you were to remove it, it'd be obvious that something's supposed to go there. Only way you're getting a custom spoiler on there is by modifying the current one and going from there.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
QUOTE (nobodieshero07 @ Jul 4 2010, 02:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338803
You should totally try it. And... if it works I will copy you. Haha.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.