Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (LePapirrikY @ Dec 5 2009, 04:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=282954
i would recommend adding a text with what kind of tool you are using, besides that everything looks clean as your usual work.
thanks!

(I dont know the name of some tools lol). I used a screwdriver and a 10mm for the bolts. Next video may have more information.

QUOTE (mrblank @ Dec 5 2009, 11:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=282997
are those led side light??
If you are talking about my lights, yes I have LED parking lights.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Good video rondy. Maybe I'll get the courage to open up my headlights and paint them black... we'll see haha

Trying to decide that if I do open them up and paint them black, should I buy a heat gun or should I throw them in the oven? What temperature would I set the oven to and for how long?

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
QUOTE (bloodninja @ Dec 6 2009, 05:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=283090
Good video rondy. Maybe I'll get the courage to open up my headlights and paint them black... we'll see haha

Trying to decide that if I do open them up and paint them black, should I buy a heat gun or should I throw them in the oven? What temperature would I set the oven to and for how long?
buy a heat gun and refund it after or buy an oven and refund it LOL

·
1,565 Posts
QUOTE (mrblank @ Dec 6 2009, 10:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=283142
i wonder can you used tin foil wrap the headlight and leave it in the sun for hours hummmm
You can wrap it in foil, put it in the oven, take it out when hot and put some sour cream, cheese, and bacon bits on it.

I used the oven to take it apart when I did mine, had no problems. I think it was a bit easier since the sealant was soft all the way around at the same time. I had to use gloves though, since the headlight was hot all the way around as well.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
QUOTE (ultragod @ Dec 7 2009, 03:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=283218
You can wrap it in foil, put it in the oven, take it out when hot and put some sour cream, cheese, and bacon bits on it.

I used the oven to take it apart when I did mine, had no problems. I think it was a bit easier since the sealant was soft all the way around at the same time. I had to use gloves though, since the headlight was hot all the way around as well.
What temp and for how long?

·
1,565 Posts
QUOTE (bloodninja @ Dec 7 2009, 02:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=283225
What temp and for how long?
There are a bunch of DIY's online. One I looked at said 250 for 15 minutes, but check every 5. That's not the end all be all. Look around for what others have done.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.