Hyundai Forums banner

Removing The Centre Facia Panel On The Getz

15K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Jan HG 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I'm trying to replace the stereo head on my 2004 Getz. I have successfully removed the original head and am trying to remove the existing cage. Using the Getz Shop Manual as a guide and with some of the info found in previous threads on these forums, I have managed to get access to the air system control cables and disconnect those and to prise off the plastic facia panel in the centre. However, I am unable to pull the centre panel out very far (only about 1cm or so) and something is stopping me from pulling it out completely. According to the Shop Manual, after removing the lower portion of the facia panel, you are meant to disconnect the switch connectors and then remove the entire panel. Shining a torch at the bottom of the panel I can see that there are cables connecting to the rear window heater and the switch on the opposite side (a dud for me since I don't have air con). Unfortunately, there is not enough space to get my fingers inside and pull these connectors off (if I need to), and the connectors seem to be held in with clips.

Any thoughts on the matter?

Thanks,

--Amr

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi,

i found it easier to disconnect the hazard light switch (and fog light switches if u have them installed) then you can pull the top down to give you access to the a/c cables. the cables going to the a/c panel are long enough that you shouldnt need to disconnect them at all.

Also the 3 "control cables" are clipped in two places 1. is to the grey plastic 'knobs' that the wire actually moves and 2. is to black metal clips which guide the cable. you need to remove both to move the facia very far.

Hope this helps

#4 ·
Hi,

Also the 3 "control cables" are clipped in two places 1. is to the grey plastic 'knobs' that the wire actually moves and 2. is to black metal clips which guide the cable. you need to remove both to move the facia very far.

Hope this helps
Can provide picture(s) for these three cable? I've tried to pull out the panel but it was stuck due to the cable of Temperature Control switch.

Thanks,
Jan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.