Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an IX35 with the so called "premium" sound package. I'm currently in the process of soundproofing all doors and upgrading the speakers. This includes replacing the stock amplifier with a separate 4-channel amp and a monoblock (for an upgraded sub)

I was hoping that the stock amp can be removed, but it seems this is connected to the CAN-BUS? Does anyone have the pinout of the stock amp, and knows if it can be bypassed?

·
Registered
941 Posts
Don't know the details of your vehicle but the amps that we have in the 16-18's have a lot of factory stuff flowing through them.. so a few of us have opted to integrate the factory amp by using a DSP such as the AudioControl LC7i to input the signals from the factory amp and then go out to aftermarket amps that way.

You might consider something like that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
After dampening all doors (both the outer panel and the inside of the door) and replacing the speakers with Alpine Type-G's, I'll probably keep the stock amp. It really exceeded all my expectations, and I'm actually impressed of what it's capable of. It goes loud without distortion.

The stock setup was really crappy with almost no bass, and I found out why. For some reason the front mids were out of phase with the rest of the system. Now the sub actually provides bass. Not the deepest or loudest I've heard, though :smile:

Can't find any reason for hunting down 2Ohm speakers, as the amp has plenty of power in 4Ohms. But upgrading the speakers without dampening the doors, is in my opinion, money down the drain.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts