Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Hyundai-Forums.com Vendor
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the LED/clear part of the side mirrors comes free from the rest of the mirror housing? I will attempt it later this week but just wondering, thanks

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
If they come out which they should for repair purposes you will end up with a whole in your mirror. If you want to get rid of them, think your only option will be to purchase SE or GLS mirrors from a dealer and replace them. But your the first to want to get rid of them, its normally people wanting to install the mirror turn signals. I'm sure a board member will love to swap mirrors with you too.

·
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually just going to tint the clear lens. I did take it apart quickly today and it looks as though the lens does separate with screws, but its not easy, you have to take out the whole mirror motor. oh well, sunday i'll do it

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
While your in there, can you see if there are any extra plugs, connectors or motors that aren't hooked up? In Korea the mirrors fold in automatically when the car is put into park, wonder if plugs and such are in the NA cars that we can hookup to make them work.

·
Registered
589 Posts
QUOTE (Iceberg802 @ May 13 2010, 10:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=322719
I did take it apart quickly today
Can you elaborate on that out of curiosity? Did you have to remove mirror, or just pried the lenses out, and how? Thx.

I do like the mirror repeaters, but they look like crap to be honest. Wish they were like a strip or something nicer looking. Do Korean mirrors have the same thing, or is it nicer, like taillights, etc?

·
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (Souks @ May 14 2010, 02:23 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=322737
While your in there, can you see if there are any extra plugs, connectors or motors that aren't hooked up? In Korea the mirrors fold in automatically when the car is put into park, wonder if plugs and such are in the NA cars that we can hookup to make them work.
Sure thing

I removed the whole side mirror assembly (pry out sail panel from inside door, 3 10mm nuts, one plug inside car)
but the mirror part just prys off, be really careful and i just sort of worked the top and bottom with a plastic pry tool and it pops out and also pops back in

1 - 6 of 6 Posts