Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how the front grill emblem is attached? Is it trim tape, push pins, screws? I finally got my second tomatoe emblem in the mail and want to try it out up front now.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will take a look into that tonight, I didnt think we had any room under the hood so I never looked haha!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like there is no room under the hood to get to the emblem, have to look into other options.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Looks like there is no room under the hood to get to the emblem, have to look into other options.
Did you remove all of the fasteners that hold the top of the bumper in place? I am still waiting for mine to get here, but the instructions I sent above were from to place where I ordered the complete badge replacement set. If that doesn't work, I guess the bumper will be coming off once again.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will have to take a look into that, I didnt even think about it, to many other mods on my mind hah

·
Registered
660 Posts
My badges came with a string tied to two rings. I used that to remove the hatch one. You just have to keep moving the string to break all of the adhesive on the OEM badge and pull it up with the string until you can pull it off with your fingers. The grille one is about the same, but lift the left or right side up only enough to get a prying type trip removing tool under it to pry off the fastener behind the grille. Do the same on each side of the badge. I just stabbed each wheel badge with a large flat blade screwdriver, pryed it a little bit and they popped right off.

Badge, Grille.jpg Badge, Hatch.jpg

Badge, Steering Wheel.jpg Badge, Wheel.jpg

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I really like the steering wheel badge, the tomato one that goes with my badges looks really cheesey as it not 3D its all flat decal of the Tomato emblem, not sure if I want to put it on or not.

I thought the rear Eagle badge didn't have a background to it, or did you specifically order one with a background?

·
Registered
660 Posts
I really like the steering wheel badge, the tomato one that goes with my badges looks really cheesey as it not 3D its all flat decal of the Tomato emblem, not sure if I want to put it on or not.

I thought the rear Eagle badge didn't have a background to it, or did you specifically order one with a background?
All 7 of mine were 3D. I ordered the badges as is. The gloss black and chrome look good together. That's bad to hear that they stiffed you with just a decal for the steering wheel. After all, that's the one that YOU look at almost all the time you are around your car.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
here is the 3d one that I seen all over for adversirments:

But the one I got looks flat and more like this one:

They must of changed designs at some point and I have either the new version or the old version..

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Seeing your steering wheel makes me almost want to change over to the eagle badge haha..

Do you have a distance shot front the front and rear??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts