Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to remove the V6 exhaust tips without cutting? I want to do a simple mod(paint them black) and it might be easier to actually have them off than to try to paint them while they're still attached.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Is it possible to remove the V6 exhaust tips without cutting? I want to do a simple mod(paint them black) and it might be easier to actually have them off than to try to paint them while they're still attached.
no dude, they are welded :/

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

u can loosen them off the exhaust hangers and thatl bring them a few inches down

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
When I had my original tips, I simply masked the polished part and also put newspaper to mask off body. Painted it high heat black gloss. Looked nice and clean, you Should be fine. I am assuming of course you are painting the part that fills the actual outlet pipe to the rolled polished part.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts