Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if it's possible to remove the section of the door panels surrounding the handles? This is the brushed-looking section of plastic that's about a foot long in both doors. I've seen videos removing the entire panel, but I only want to take out this section.

I have some brushed blue steel vinyl wrap left over from another project and was thinking about covering these areas as the color is close to my Indigo Blue. It will look much nicer if I can remove the pieces, wrap and reinstall rather than applying while it's still on the door.

·
Registered
687 Posts
That's a pretty cool idea. I actually wished the brushed aluminum went throughout the dash. It should just pop out once the doors off. I haven't taken my doors off yet though.

·
22,788 Posts
I wouldn't start that removal project without my trusty plastic trim tools at my side (available at most auto parts stores). You'll thank me, later, when there's no eyesore scratches remaining on the trim after the mod is completed.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wouldn't start that removal project without my trusty plastic trim tools at my side (available at most auto parts stores). You'll thank me, later, when there's no eyesore scratches remaining on the trim after the mod is completed.
I have those - bought 'em for my ongoing Passat projects. I just wanted to see if anyone had tried this before I go prying around my doors.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Does anyone know if it's possible to remove the section of the door panels surrounding the handles? This is the brushed-looking section of plastic that's about a foot long in both doors. I've seen videos removing the entire panel, but I only want to take out this section.

I have some brushed blue steel vinyl wrap left over from another project and was thinking about covering these areas as the color is close to my Indigo Blue. It will look much nicer if I can remove the pieces, wrap and reinstall rather than applying while it's still on the door.
If memory serves me well.... I think it's secured with plastic pins (part of that moulding) which are melted on the back of the door panel to secure it in place.

·
22,788 Posts
Our mistake was not buying two of each model that we purchased. This would allow us to go out back and destroy something to find out how it is done. Since there is a lack of these newer models at the junk yards to rummage through.

I have actually gone to a salvage yard to look at something puzzling me about a car I was repairing or modding. And if I cracked or broke something in the attempt? No harm, no foul. Most of the times, what I was looking to find out was laying inside the car anyway...all I had to do then was just look at the engineer's design.

Reverse engineering is your friend!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts