Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not feeling these plastic chrome hubcaps and I'm looking to remove them. Anyone know what the rims are looking like underneath the hubcaps? Decent enough to ride without the hubcaps on?

·
Registered
726 Posts
Plastic hubcaps on a SE? Are you sure its a SE?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Sounds like someone switched out the rims (wheels) at one time or another. What size wheels and tires on the Sonata? As above, what ID's the Sonata as a SE?

Bob

·
Registered
726 Posts
18" wheels, dual exhaust, chrome door handles, fog lights, paddle shifters to name a few

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
^^^ A turbo with hubcaps??? LMAO SMH I hope you didnt buy it like that and if you did I hope you didnt pay that much...

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I'm not feeling these plastic chrome hubcaps and I'm looking to remove them. Anyone know what the rims are looking like underneath the hubcaps? Decent enough to ride without the hubcaps on?
If they are the wheel covers for the 18 inch SE Rims shown in the picture below, you need to be very careful when removing them.

I had them on my SE for awhile and didn't like them. On mine there were tabs that go behind the wheel spokes that scratch the spokes when you remove them. Feel behind the spokes until you find the tabs and then try to pull out on the tabs as you remove the wheel cover. It may still scratch the rim but a little wet sanding and then polishing with compound should take the scratches out. The rest of the wheel should be OK.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya, just got the car this week. It's an SE, 100%. You're probably right about the swap, at this point I don't even care though. I hate chrome wheels, let alone chrome hubcaps. I just wanted to make sure the rim under the hubcap was still the standard aluminum rim.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Interested in selling these covers you are taking off? i would buy them off of you. I have a se too and the wheels got some curb rash that these would cover up

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I've seen those at the dealer, I think they're add on sales $$ for them. They do look a bit tacky IMO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts