Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new here and am happy to have found this great forum. Has anyone successfully removed the airbag caution stickers on the sun visors? If so, how did you do it? Thanks.

·
3,861 Posts
:00000732:

I removed those annoying stickers on one of my previous cars just by finding an edge and pulling off the sticker. It left a nasty discoloration where the sticker was. I haven't tried removing the ones on my Santa Fe, they look like they are on there pretty good. I leave both of my visors flipped down all the time and I would like to take the stickers off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! :)

That is what I was afraid of. I tried to use the edge of a razor blade to get it started, but the amount of effort it was taking was putting me outside of my comfort as it was taking enough pressure to actually puncture a hole in the fabric. It seems to have an adhesive that pretty much infused the sticker into the fabric...which is very aggravating. Those stickers are very tacky looking and take away from the look of the interior.

I wonder if there is some kind of solvent that could be applied to safely remove them without discoloration?

·
Registered
116 Posts
QUOTE (kwilson303 @ Sep 23 2010, 10:45 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358280
That is what I was afraid of. I tried to use the edge of a razor blade to get it started, but the amount of effort it was taking was putting me outside of my comfort as it was taking enough pressure to actually puncture a hole in the fabric. It seems to have an adhesive that pretty much infused the sticker into the fabric...which is very aggravating. Those stickers are very tacky looking and take away from the look of the interior. I wonder if there is some kind of solvent that could be applied to safely remove them without discoloration?
You should see the Canadian ones--two languages, twice the size...ugly. Got them off my Suzuki years ago by softening the adhesive with a mild solvent (isopropyl alcohol or anything that does not attack the vinyl) then multiple pressure and peeling with duct tape--tedious and left marks. On my Accent, acquired last month, I just reversed the left and right visors, now I only see the labels on those rare times they are turned down.
The Professor

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
I thought about pulling the ones off my new Santa Fe but as others have said, they look like they're on there pretty good. I'll just live with it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah bummer! It seems it would be more trouble than it is worth to even attempt it. Maybe I'll find a sticker suitable to my own taste, around the same size, to put over it. Thanks for your input, guys! :)

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I was able to safely remove the sun visor sticker from the drivers side of my 2009 Accent Sport shortly after I got it. I just picked using my fingernails and used Goo-Gone. No marks were left. It came off in such small pieces and was such a pain to do that I never attempted the passenger side, or the stickers in my 2011 Elantra.

·
22,793 Posts
Anyone tried the isopropyl alcohol method as described, above?

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
Why not just get some vinyl and cover them up? They even sell precut stickers on ebay.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts