Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Before I tackle taking off my door to add new speakers, I was wondering if anybody knows a problem-free way of removing the front two doors on a 2001 Accent GL.

Any information would be awsome.

Jared
[email protected]

B)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Easy, remove rubber arm grip cover 1, remove long screw, then remove three side screws on door trim, remove two bottom screws next, then use a pin to get access to the manual window arm and remove steel place plate,.
Then remove screw on locking lever switch and pull entire door trim from the rubber grip handle towards you, then the lock lever should pop out. Remove the lock switch and get access to behind and use a pin to release the connector clips from the drive rods. Once that the entire door trim should loosen and pop out. If not use two fingers to pop the fixed clips until they detach then use the grip handle to move door in the upward direction, make sure not to crush the top plate trim.

Good Luck any issues just ask, Allow about then minutes to manuovre door.
Once you get it off putting it back is almost as easy........

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, I have the same problem, can't get the door panel off. I'm having trouble taking off the manual window lever off. I've read everything I could find, and can't find the clip that is talked about. I've tried pulling, pushing the panel back to see things, and can't see anything. How do you take off the window handle?

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
QUOTE (starcraper @ May 31 2009, 01:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=239542
Hey, I have the same problem, can't get the door panel off. I'm having trouble taking off the manual window lever off. I've read everything I could find, and can't find the clip that is talked about. I've tried pulling, pushing the panel back to see things, and can't see anything. How do you take off the window handle?
Hey man. You need a special tool to get the arm off. The thing holding it on is called a horseshoe clip, and looks like, you guessed it, a horseshoe. You can probably get one at a parts store or something. Just tell them you are trying to take off a window crank handle.

When you get the tool, there will be two sides. You will figure out fast which side to use (its the flat side with two dents in it).use that thing to pop the clip off.

·
Registered
9 Posts
QUOTE (starcraper @ May 31 2009, 01:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=239542

If you use a mirror you will be able to see it. It is gold in color. You can't see it without being right next to the door, which normal people cant do. Peel it back CAREFULLY with a screw driver, then use the mirror to find out with way it is pointing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts