Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My subscription to Sirius XM expired, they tried to offer me XM Select for $5/mo which does not include Howard Stern. Couldn't care less about the music and news stations, there horrible. Reception is terrible almost always.

In order to get Howard Stern, they want $18/mo or $200/yr for the all access package that came with the Elantra during the trial period.

Saw a post a while back on how to remove the Sirius XM buttons from the radio control menu, can't find it now.

Does anyone know how to do this ?
Thanks

·
Registered
171 Posts
Here's a noob question, since I just got my car last week. So it comes with an XM trial for 3 months. XM is currently working. So when 3 months is up, do they just automatically turn off the XM?

Ps, I don't want XM at all.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Here's a noob question, since I just got my car last week. So it comes with an XM trial for 3 months. XM is currently working. So when 3 months is up, do they just automatically turn off the XM?

Ps, I don't want XM at all.
Yup. It'll just shut off and only the preview channel (#1) will work. But don't worry, you'll soon be barraged with phone calls and mail trying to get you to come back.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thanks. Haha, I'm not worried about the calls. Nobody picks up unknown numbers at my house, and I don't pick up unknown numbers on my cell phone either. I may have to listen to many voice mail messages, but that's ok in my books.

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
you'll soon be barraged with phone calls and mail trying to get you to come back.
Yeah, I was! Showed I was interested in the XM radio, but turned down their offers. The third time they called giving the same spiel, I told them I was hanging up & saying goodbye. At the last moment, the caller blurted out, "How about a month's service for $1?" Well, I didn't hang up & have XM radio for a month.

·
22,788 Posts
Yeah, I was! Showed I was interested in the XM radio, but turned down their offers. The third time they called giving the same spiel, I told them I was hanging up & saying goodbye. At the last moment, the caller blurted out, "How about a month's service for $1?" Well, I didn't hang up & have XM radio for a month.
They dangled the hook in front of you, huh? Careful, these guys really know how to bait that thing. LOL Next thing you know, you'll be like the rest of us XM subscribers, "flopping around on the XM wharf."

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I'm really happy with the satellite music package I have. Any type of music I want, and no commercials. All for $9.00 a month. I never thought Bluetooth and satellite radio was a big deal, now I wouldn't buy a new car again without them. I guess I'm spoiled now. cheers.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think I pay 50$ every year. Have been for about 4 or 5 years now. But I also have 3 total radios on my account.

·
Banned
532 Posts
Great deal !!!

But your on auto renewal for the next 100 years, you just paid $1200.00 for XM :D

·
22,788 Posts
Great deal !!!

But your on auto renewal for the next 100 years, you just paid $1200.00 for XM :D
In 2113, he'll have forgotten how to turn on the radio so I guess it won't matter, then! He can sit in the car and just "remember the lyrics." He may even entertain himself with thoughts of former oldie but goodie commercials of long ago.

Phooey, I'm already doing that! LMAO

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Great deal !!!

They dangled the hook in front of you, huh? Careful, these guys really know how to bait that thing. LOL Next thing you know, you'll be like the rest of us XM subscribers, "flopping around on the XM wharf."
In truth, HD digital radio is best...... & that's free. We have lots of those stations (with digital stations stacked on the basic analogue signal) in the Puget Sound area. My wife's favorite station is on HD radio & my classical station has 3 stacked stations in digital radio, two of which have no commercials. It's just a matter when I want to bother replacing the analogue radio with a incredibly clear, superb digital HD radio.

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
I'm really happy with the satellite music package I have. Any type of music I want, and no commercials. All for $9.00 a month. I never thought Bluetooth and satellite radio was a big deal, now I wouldn't buy a new car again without them. I guess I'm spoiled now. cheers.
Yep I have xm and I pay $4 per month for pandora one that I stream via Bluetooth.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
80 Posts
In truth, HD digital radio is best...... & that's free. We have lots of those stations (with digital stations stacked on the basic analogue signal) in the Puget Sound area. My wife's favorite station is on HD radio & my classical station has 3 stacked stations in digital radio, two of which have no commercials. It's just a matter when I want to bother replacing the analogue radio with a incredibly clear, superb digital HD radio.
Digital HD radio is a competitor to XM, so is it a coincidence that there is no HD radio capability built in?

·
Registered
3 Posts
The original post was asking for help to remove the xm from display. sorry, now every one boasts about the deals they got?

is it possible to remove xm from display?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
The original post was asking for help to remove the xm from display. sorry, now every one boasts about the deals they got?

is it possible to remove xm from display?
You've got your answer right in the second message of page #1...

·
Registered
543 Posts
Got mine for 6 months at $29 w/ tax.

The trick is to call to cancel and let them throw you another promo rate... :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts