Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hey breakers28, do you have a link to where you obtained the PDF to do the bumper removal along with other PDFs to do other repairs to the 2019 santa fe?

Thanks
I purchased a PDF of the Factory Repair Manual from https://www.factory-manuals.com. I think their cost is about $80. Here is how it works (as I understand it)....
Xsolara is right that this information came from the Hyundai Tech Info site, which is a paid subscription (pay x dollars for y amount of time to access the site). However, the Factory Manuals site I listed above will create a user ID on your behalf on the Hyundai Tech site, using your VIN, will print all available documents into PDF for you. Once the PDF is created, they notify you and you can download your copy of the PDF. An individual could not do this as it would take too much time and I'm sure they have developed a script or automated process to do this. The PDF is marked and I cannot just share it openly. By the way, my PDF file from Factory Manuals is 3875 pages and includes the Quick Reference Guide, Owner's Manual, Car Media System - User's Manual, Car Media System - User's Manual 2, Navigation System Manual, Repair Manual, Component Replace and Electronic Technical Manual.
I don't know how much it costs to get a 3 day subscription, but having the PDF of all the information was well worth the cost in my opinion, and I can reference it anytime I want as opposed to paying every time I want to see something on the Hyundai Tech Info site. I've done this for both of my vehicles and the information is quite useful. While this may not be a perfect solution, it gets me what I need.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Can one of you answer how the silver trim piece that runs across the top of the grill extending under the headlights is attached? How it can be removed? Would the entire bumper need to be removed? That piece on mine got some damage and I was hoping to replace it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Can one of you answer how the silver trim piece that runs across the top of the grill extending under the headlights is attached? How it can be removed? Would the entire bumper need to be removed? That piece on mine got some damage and I was hoping to replace it.
If I understand correctly, I think you need to pull the bumper cover. Go back to post #4 and pull the bumper cover off. Then you can see how it is attached from the inside of the cover.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T HTRAC
451 Posts
My experience with Hyundai tech manual is some details are not printed lol. Here is my story...
I had to replace the windshield fluid reservoir on a 2007 Sonata. Instruction is similar to the PDF in post #4, a few screws and plastic clips, no big deal. There are 2 clips on each side of the bumper where it meets the metal fender; the fender has 2 holes to accept the 2 clips. The clips are not in the instruction. There is no way to unlatch the 2 clips without damage the surface! I decided to use brute force, broke one, deformed one. After reassemble, one can't tell the damage lol.
I suspect there are also clips on the side for SF, so watch out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was hoping the bumper wouldn’t need removed and that the piece could be accessed from inside the top of the hood area by removing part of the pieces from inside the front of the engine area. Guess I will have to let a professional look at it as I am not that comfortable trying to remove the bumper.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Since vehicles have become less "user repairable", it sucks that manufacturers don't provide manuals for owners...really sucks, basic mechanical stuff should be fee, I get the diagnostic tools cause a lot of that is specific, but come on, pay to find a "hidden bolt"...or assembly sequence...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts