Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about deadening the whole doors on my turbo SE; was looking in the Hyundai service website and it shows that the glass must be removed in order to take out the door module, which needs to be removed to reach the inners of the door.

Has anyone done this? Is it really required to remove the glass? I have had horrendous experiences adjusting glass..........

·
Registered
660 Posts
No, it is not. I have a suction tool that is about 6" in diameter that is made for pulling out windshields and other large flat smooth items. then I release the window from the track at the bottom of the door, push the door window all the way up and attach the suction tool as close to the bottom of the window opening so that when I release the glass, it won't drop down. Remember when you release the suction tool, that you have a good hold on the window so it doesn't slide down into the door and break. Pretty simple really. I've even seen some guys use wooden wedges to hold the glass up too.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
yes, someone here has done this. he dynamatted his whole car. search the thread...for the life of me, i can't remember his handle here. someone help me here....

he has the black sonata, hitch i think on it, painted the calipers, springs installed...aftermarket system..and many pictures of his car in pieces while he installed the dynamat.....

found him....i think robspeedgls did this to his car. i could be mistaken. search him out.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, it is not. I have a suction tool that is about 6" in diameter that is made for pulling out windshields and other large flat smooth items. then I release the window from the track at the bottom of the door, push the door window all the way up and attach the suction tool as close to the bottom of the window opening so that when I release the glass, it won't drop down. Remember when you release the suction tool, that you have a good hold on the window so it doesn't slide down into the door and break. Pretty simple really. I've even seen some guys use wooden wedges to hold the glass up too.

Thanks.......but if I remove the window from the track...I would just pull it out anyway. Adjusting in the right track position is where I had problems in the past.

But looking at the technical sheets I think you have to remove it to completely take the panel out.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes, someone here has done this. he dynamatted his whole car. search the thread...for the life of me, i can't remember his handle here. someone help me here....

he has the black sonata, hitch i think on it, painted the calipers, springs installed...aftermarket system..and many pictures of his car in pieces while he installed the dynamat.....

found him....i think robspeedgls did this to his car. i could be mistaken. search him out.
Thanks. Will look into it.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Loosen the 2 bolt on the regulator to let go of glass, raise glass to top of door channel and use strip of masking tape from outside glass --> over top of frame and stick to inside of glass.

I just walk through door here beside me and swipe piece of tape from body shop fellas.. wide masking tape works best, lots of surface area for grip to hold the weight of glass, what little weight there is

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Loosen the 2 bolt on the regulator to let go of glass, raise glass to top of door channel and use strip of masking tape from outside glass --> over top of frame and stick to inside of glass.

I just walk through door here beside me and swipe piece of tape from body shop fellas.. wide masking tape works best, lots of surface area for grip to hold the weight of glass, what little weight there is
Thanks. But I ask again, once you remove the glass from the regulator, isn't it just the same to pull the glass out vs. taping it in place? How much additional work is it to remove and then reinsert the glass?

...and sorry if this sounds stupid, I have not seen the innards of this car yet......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts