Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I tried to remove the front bumper from my 2009 i10 Auto last year but gave up after taking out all the screws that seemed to be relevant and the bl**dy thing just stayed stuck fast. I got a PDF of the workshop manual page emailed to me by the dealer I bought the car from, but it wasn't much help. The dealer said you have to remove the headlights first and told me it was easy, but I couldn't shift them. Anyone give me and zuperman any advice? Please?

·
Registered
342 Posts
I had to remove the bumper yesterday to fit a new horn heres how I did it.

Open the bonnet and at the front there is 8 plastic screws. Remove those. They basically like fasteners. If the screws keep spinning pull the top of the bumper so it holds tight against the plastic fasstners then unscrew slowly.

Remove the 2 bolts in front of those.

Look under the wheel arch where the bumper and bodywork join just under the light, theres a ssrew/nut. Remove those. It's easier if you switch the engine on for this and turn the wheel out the way.

Go under the car and there is about 8 of those plastic fasteners again. There is 2 in each side of the car where the wheel arch fixes to the bumper. There is also about 4 spaced out between these.

Now the delicate bit. You need to be quite firm, but gentle as you could risk snapping something. Where the wheel arch is you need to pull along there as there is tabs holding the bumper in place. Also under the lights too there is some clips that pop loose when you pull on it.

Once you free that side, if you have fogs, unclip them and remove the bumper. The fitting is reverse of removal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had to remove the bumper yesterday to fit a new horn heres how I did it.

Open the bonnet and at the front there is 8 plastic screws. Remove those. They basically like fasteners. If the screws keep spinning pull the top of the bumper so it holds tight against the plastic fasstners then unscrew slowly.

Remove the 2 bolts in front of those.

Look under the wheel arch where the bumper and bodywork join just under the light, theres a ssrew/nut. Remove those. It's easier if you switch the engine on for this and turn the wheel out the way.

Go under the car and there is about 8 of those plastic fasteners again. There is 2 in each side of the car where the wheel arch fixes to the bumper. There is also about 4 spaced out between these.

Now the delicate bit. You need to be quite firm, but gentle as you could risk snapping something. Where the wheel arch is you need to pull along there as there is tabs holding the bumper in place. Also under the lights too there is some clips that pop loose when you pull on it.

Once you free that side, if you have fogs, unclip them and remove the bumper. The fitting is reverse of removal.
Hi trident_barclay,

I see you removed the bumper to replace your horn (quite a while ago!). Did the horn fail, or did you just want a louder one?

My horn is not working (well, it starts to sound but dies very quickly - in less than 0.5 secs - and then doesn't sound anymore until the car has been switched off and on, then the same happens).

In your guide to taking off the bumper, you say "Go under the car and there is about 8 of those plastic fasteners again". Do you need a ramp to go under the car, or are they accessible without ?

Thanks for any advice,
Andy (andytomg)

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hi trident_barclay,

I see you removed the bumper to replace your horn (quite a while ago!). Did the horn fail, or did you just want a louder one?

My horn is not working (well, it starts to sound but dies very quickly - in less than 0.5 secs - and then doesn't sound anymore until the car has been switched off and on, then the same happens).

In your guide to taking off the bumper, you say "Go under the car and there is about 8 of those plastic fasteners again". Do you need a ramp to go under the car, or are they accessible without ?

Thanks for any advice,
Andy (andytomg)
I replaced the horn for a louder one (air horn) as the OEM horn is - pathetic. I wanted a little car with a big voice!

You don't need a ramp (I didn't use one but I put down a sheet to stop my clothes getting dirty as the car is low), but you will help yourself if you jack up the front so you can slide under and see what you're doing. If you want I'll take some photos if you can't see where everything is and I'll stick them on here.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi,

I also removed the Bumper of My Hyundai i10 1.1 GLS A/T recently and this is how I did it.

I was Driving Home from work when suddenly another car turned into the road from a side road...

Needless to say, Wham!!! Bumper was off Onetime!!!

:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I replaced the horn for a louder one (air horn) as the OEM horn is - pathetic. I wanted a little car with a big voice!

You don't need a ramp (I didn't use one but I put down a sheet to stop my clothes getting dirty as the car is low), but you will help yourself if you jack up the front so you can slide under and see what you're doing. If you want I'll take some photos if you can't see where everything is and I'll stick them on here.
the pathetic hooter on mine has got louder over the years

1 - 9 of 9 Posts