Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am looking at the pictures shown in the hmaservice site. However, the pictures and instructions are not very clear on what is needed to slide out the corner tail/brake lights.

Basically, the instruction is to remove the 2 screws and then remove the connector that is powering the lights.

No where does it indicate that you have to push on a tab or something to remove the lights.

I yanked and yanked and tugged and tugged but to no avail. I thought I was going to snap the light that is how hard I pulled on it with what grip I can get on it.

Could some one please lend your experience on this matter?

I really hate to go back to the dealer on a simple bulb change that they will charge me 1/2 hour labour to do what I would take 5 minutes to do if I know how the fixture are held on.

Regards,

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I need to change mine but cannot for the life of me figure out how to remote the tail light assembly. I've removed the two hex bolts at the rear. The assembly moves but will not come out in order for the bulbs to be replaced.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Veracruz taillight assembly

After you remove the two screws you need to take a wide bladed straight slot screwdriver and wrap a rag around the tip. Then as you pull on the assembly pry backwards on it at the forward most edge. There is just a friction clip that holds it in place.

Hope this helps.

Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts