Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Sante Fe and I'm in the US.

I know this sounds lame (and thank goodness I've never had a flat tire or I'd be really embarrassed!) but I don't seem to be able to remove the jack and I think I should be able to do that. I've always been able to change a flat tire with no help (my dad always said if you can't change a flat, you shouldn't be driving!) but I don't see how I'd change the tire if I can't even remove the jack. The owner's manual showed me where it was but not how to remove it. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
1. Locate the jack in the storage compartment at the rear of the cargo floor. The jack will be held in place by its own tension.
2. Locate the metal loop on the right side of the jack where the bars are put together to raise or lower the jack.
3. Turn the loop so the jack compresses completely flat against itself.
4. Lift out.

Good luck and very smart to know how to change your own tire! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
QUOTE (nadyne @ Jul 26 2009, 04:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=251513
I have a 2003 Sante Fe and I'm in the US.

I know this sounds lame (and thank goodness I've never had a flat tire or I'd be really embarrassed!) but I don't seem to be able to remove the jack and I think I should be able to do that. I've always been able to change a flat tire with no help (my dad always said if you can't change a flat, you shouldn't be driving!) but I don't see how I'd change the tire if I can't even remove the jack. The owner's manual showed me where it was but not how to remove it. Thanks in advance for any help.
Don't feel too bad. I've got some grown friends who don't know jack!! :hyper:

·
Registered
1 Posts
1. Locate the jack in the storage compartment at the rear of the cargo floor. The jack will be held in place by its own tension.
2. Locate the metal loop on the right side of the jack where the bars are put together to raise or lower the jack.
4. Lift out.

Good luck and very smart to know how to change your own tire! 👍
He
4. Lift out.

Good luck and very smart to know how to change your own tire! 👍
Help crazy question. Freak accident, my phone fell out of my top pocket while I was getting the jack out, I fumbled to catch it and it went right into the compartment and disappeared!!! Small thin phone, can't see it, anyway of getting it back?!!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Help crazy question. Freak accident, my phone fell out of my top pocket while I was getting the jack out, I fumbled to catch it and it went right into the compartment and disappeared!!! Small thin phone, can't see it, anyway of getting it back?!!!
WOW!! That is indeed a freakish event, what are the odds that the phone would fall out of your pocket, you fumble it on the mid air catch attempt and it goes straight into a crevice??? It would be helpful to see a photo of the area in question where the phone now resides. I would think some kind of thin wire tool with a sticky substance on the end might be able to be fished down into the crevice and hopefully snag the phone....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts