Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yes, it is just a few screws and some pop-clips.

The screw positions are:

2 at the very bottom of the door panel
2 at the front of the door panel
1 in the inner door handle
1 inside the front rubber cap on the grab handle on the door pannel.

Then slide your fingers underneath the bottom of the door panel and pull outwards.

Once you have popped the door trim completely off the door, then you can swing the door trim around 90' and pop the door handle through the hole.
Then this is your door trim off.

Then there is the inner trim which is fastened to the door by sticka-flex, which makes a mess of your skin and your clothes!

Good luck with the job :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Dr. Hundi@Nov 8 2004, 04:24 AM

The screw positions are:

Then slide your fingers underneath the bottom of the door panel and pull outwards.

Once you have popped the door trim completely off the door, then you can swing the  door trim around 90' and pop the door handle through the hole.

Then there is the inner trim which is fastened to the door by sticka-flex, which makes a mess of your skin and your clothes!

[snapback]2454[/snapback]​

Many Thanks!

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
there is a wire clip that is fiited behind the window winder, if you push the door panel away from the back of the winder and look directly behind the winder you will see the clip, this can be pushed off with a small screwdriver (it is a bit tricky if you are not used to doing it)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is this the same for the Excel Sprint 1997? The window doesn't go up or down anymore. It seems the mechanism is rusty (or sounds that way). Also the exterior door handle no longer works thanks to an incompetant car thief! I have managed to remove the interior panel bar the window winder and speaker.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Originally posted by cslsxpistol@Nov 28 2005, 10:17 PM
ok thanks the book was wrong.....hmm
also i got a questiong about the front seatbelts how to you get the top part off?
[snapback]24428[/snapback]​

seperate the trim at the top anchor with a small screwdriver, it will likely be a Torx (star) bolt you have to remove to take it off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Originally posted by Dr. Hundi@Nov 8 2004, 07:24 AM

The screw positions are:

Once you have popped the door trim completely off the door, then you can swing the  door trim around 90' and pop the door handle through the hole.

[snapback]2454[/snapback]​

I'm looking to upgrade the speakers in my 2002 Accent (2-door hatch) and this is the step that I'm on. I've taken off the window crank and removed the 6 screws, including the door handle and grab handle on the door panel. The clips are off and the whole panel is loose - except around the door handle. It's a rectangular shape so it won't rotate, and the plastic piece around the handle itself won't come off even though I removed the screw. Am I missing something here? Also the front speakers are 5 1/4", not 4" as widely reported online. Could the 2-door hatch have differences from most Accents that aren't accounted for in your instructions?

On a slightly unrelated note, I was wondering if there's room to put a 6 1/2" speaker in the back (5 1/4" there now) with the mounting adapter that comes with the speakers. It looks simple to do.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2001 Accent--Both my inner and outer door handles are broken, so I can't open the door. A mechanic told me that the panel could still be taken off, but I can't get to the front two screws without opening the door. How can I take the panel off or get the door open?

·
Registered
1 Posts
2001 Accent--Both my inner and outer door handles are broken, so I can't open the door. A mechanic told me that the panel could still be taken off, but I can't get to the front two screws without opening the door. How can I take the panel off or get the door open?
That is exactly the problem I have, did yu manage to get the door panel off in the end without the door being open?

Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts