Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been driving my new 2010 Sonata for about 5 months now. I just experienced my first 90 degree+ day here in Texas. My black Sonata with black leather seats and steering wheel cover don't seem to agree with 90 degree days.

Any recommendations for a good removable or retractable sun shade for the windshield? Obviously, I don't want to use one of those rediculously cheap and flimsy cardboard foil things. I'd like something that is as classy as the car itself, but also not too much hassle to set up each day.

Any solutions?

·
Registered
587 Posts
QUOTE (spatter9999 @ May 5 2010, 10:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=320024
I've been driving my new 2010 Sonata for about 5 months now. I just experienced my first 90 degree+ day here in Texas. My black Sonata with black leather seats and steering wheel cover don't seem to agree with 90 degree days.

Any recommendations for a good removable or retractable sun shade for the windshield? Obviously, I don't want to use one of those rediculously cheap and flimsy cardboard foil things. I'd like something that is as classy as the car itself, but also not too much hassle to set up each day.

Any solutions?
Tint your windows, second tint the top of your windshield. Just make sure its legal and won't get you stopped. Use judgement. Window tint really helps keep you cool. The car will be hot, but things wont be as hot.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I bought what I thought was an expensive sun shade for my Sonata on ebay (it was around $25 + shipping)but it made HUGE differences in car temp. I am totally happy with it. The shade is made with mylar coated closed cell foam. It is thick and stiff and cut exactly to your window dimentions. No sun gets past it.
(Hyundai Sonata 2006-2010 Custom Sun Shade Sunshade NEW!) works grreat for me in Florida.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am not sure that the one now listed on eBay is the same exact one I bought.
There is one on Amazon that looks identical
(Sunshade for Hyundai Sonata 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 HEATSHIELD Windshield Custom-fit Sunshade)

These are so stiff that they will fit exactly in the windshield space - and the mirror alone will hold them up.
I use the mirror and the sun visors. but the point is - there is no comparison to the thin, roll up shades.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I know some people who have done 50% ceramic tints all around including the windshield and claim it keeps their car MUCH cooler.

·
Registered
904 Posts
My friend got the UVS100 from here covercraft and it is a very nice hevy duty shade. I personally use the spring steel ones that fold down to a circle. When folded they fit easily next to the seat or into the pocket in the back of the seat. Best looking....nope but not to bad IMO and works well. Mine have a silver coating on the one side and plain grey on the inside. Combined with the ceramic tint and leaving the windows cracked open under the ventshades and it is not bad at all. Now just need to get the wife use them on a consistent basis.

I saw one person use one of the cell shades from home depot and they mounted it so it slid down along the A pillars. It worked very well but I didn't like it when it was up. They got the "cordless" one that you just slide up and down. Convienence makes it so it gets used all the time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.