Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has a 2011 SF Limited w/Nav and wants a remote starter. Is the OEM Hyundai one the best way to go? About how much to get it installed from a dealer?

·
Banned
18 Posts
What he said! I definitely want a remote starter. Does anyone have one that can be used with a smart phone?

·
Registered
244 Posts
There two remotes – pictured. Range is just as good as any other branded Remote Starter in my opinion. My previous vehicle had an Ultra Start brand Long Range one, and the Hyundai one is just as good.

One remote is a 2-way and it beeps and flashes once the car starts, so I like that feature. When I am at work in my windowless office, I can start the car and get confirmation from the remote that it has started, even when I can’t see the car. I replace the batteries at the beginning of every winter to make sure I have the best range.

The remotes also lock and unlock, and have a panic feature. So I only carry one remote. The original (non-remote start) ones that came with the car are not in use.

I think $694 is a lot of money and you could likely find just as good for less, but if you like the dealer, I think the remote is a good one.

Attachments

·
Banned
18 Posts
This might be an option for me, but it might have to wait due to me needing some new tires here in the upcoming months.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts