Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations for a remote starter for a 13 Sonata GLS, and who can do the install, best buy, costco, etc, I live in upstate NY.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a 2013 limited and installed a compustar 2 way ive been installing for 28 years but I would recommend u go to a specialized shop do some research

·
Registered
746 Posts
I put in the mobis kit on my 11. Took me 45 minutes as a tech. Would take 1 hour or a little more. Plug in harness with a few wires that need to tap in. It cost me $350 or $400, can't remember the actual price. Works fine and overrides the stock alarm horn and uses the regular horn as the alarm horn.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looked up the compuster and found that best buy has it installed for $289. really looking for a basic model to start car in winter, I had an alarm installed at a custom shop in my 2002 elantra (shop closed now) it had hood pin switches and lots of options, too advanced for me to install, anyone have BB install an alarm for them? or anything else for that matter, have never used best buy for installs.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Gls I would recommend installing the factory remote starter. Save your self the trouble of voiding warranty issues.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I have the advanced keys push button start with remote start. I don't think it will void his warranty if he doesn't do the Hyundai. I've had my share of warranty work done even with all my mods. Then again I guess it depends on your relationship with the dealer. I don't think they'll say anything tho.

·
Registered
746 Posts
The mobis remote starter/alarm utilizes the existing Hyundai hood, trunk and door switches. The kit comes with a module, harness, wire taps, zip ties and complete instructions. Only a few wires need to be tapped and they are not that hard. Dealer quoted me $60 for the install but I still did it myself. It is designed specifically for the sonata and gives you more than enough options such as keep the car running when you stop and leave it for a trip into the convenience store taking the keys with you. I have had aftermarket ones in my explorer that cost me more and did less, and gave me problems.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts