Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Yeah only 1 fob, it's new for 2015 models as mine had to be special ordered, as I said even my friends lexus push start got a "factory" integrated remote start 1 fob but aftermarket.

As for price lets just say it's 400+ , it isn't cheap for what you get which is just remote start.

Also keep in mind everything is more in Canada, I think I full Viper etc 2 way install with all the bells will set you back about $650ish but better bang for buck if you are ok with 2 fobs.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah only 1 fob, it's new for 2015 models as mine had to be special ordered, as I said even my friends lexus push start got a "factory" integrated remote start 1 fob but aftermarket.

As for price lets just say it's 400+ , it isn't cheap for what you get which is just remote start.

Also keep in mind everything is more in Canada, I think I full Viper etc 2 way install with all the bells will set you back about $650ish but better bang for buck if you are ok with 2 fobs.
That's really disappointing. I asked my dealer and even another one if I can get an integrated starter and both said no I would have to carry 2 fobs all the time. So I went with a compustar and paid $600. I really dislike carrying the 2 fobs but I guess I'm committed now.

My buddy has a 2015 Sonata and he also got a car starter done at his dealer and is carrying 2 fobs as well.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Not sure what to tell you about the dealers you went to.

I know mine had to be ordered from Korea, so maybe your dealer didn't want to deal with the delay of selling the car(s)?

Also helps that I deal directly with the GM of the dealership. I waited 3 weeks for my car to be ready.

But you went with an aftermarket and I know 100% that there is aftermarket kits that are integrated starter, but most people won't pay the price for just remote start. My friends Lexus was $449 + tax just for the remote start integrated for 1 fob.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not sure what to tell you about the dealers you went to.

I know mine had to be ordered from Korea, so maybe your dealer didn't want to deal with the delay of selling the car(s)?

Also helps that I deal directly with the GM of the dealership. I waited 3 weeks for my car to be ready.

But you went with an aftermarket and I know 100% that there is aftermarket kits that are integrated starter, but most people won't pay the price for just remote start. My friends Lexus was $449 + tax just for the remote start integrated for 1 fob.
I would have gladly paid $450 just for the starter. For $600 all they did was integrate my factory alarm.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just called my install guy... guess mine will work with my Hyundai fob (hit the lock button 3 times)... but the range is only as long as the Hyundai key fob, which is 50 or 100ft. So I don't have to carry 2 fobs if I'm ok with that little of range.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Well glad to hear it will work for you that way, every install is different and so is the set up's of the units aftermarket.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I was about to start a thread about this but maybe someone here knows if this will work. The only complaint that I have about my car is the hazard lights flashing when I use the factory remote start. I absolutely hate that. I don't mind the car getting attention but not when I use the remote start. I have to locate my owner's manual and wait a few days for it to warm up, but what I'm thinking is there should be a relay for the flashers. Maybe just pull the relay and be done? I probably don't even use the flashers once some years while the remote start will be used a lot more. What do you think? I don't believe anything else is tired into that relay.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I was about to start a thread about this but maybe someone here knows if this will work. The only complaint that I have about my car is the hazard lights flashing when I use the factory remote start. I absolutely hate that. I don't mind the car getting attention but not when I use the remote start. I have to locate my owner's manual and wait a few days for it to warm up, but what I'm thinking is there should be a relay for the flashers. Maybe just pull the relay and be done? I probably don't even use the flashers once some years while the remote start will be used a lot more. What do you think? I don't believe anything else is tired into that relay.
That's a bad idea. They are called Emergency Flashers for a reason.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
I just looked at mine this morning when I used my remote start, and I didn't see my 4 ways blink so not sure why yours do.

But I will point out my lights are set on Auto so my headlights and taillights come on once I remote start the car.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just looked at mine this morning when I used my remote start, and I didn't see my 4 ways blink so not sure why yours do.

But I will point out my lights are set on Auto so my headlights and taillights come on once I remote start the car.
Exact same here.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I called the Service Dept at my selling dealer this afternoon. The person that I spoke with told me that she isn't aware of a way to stop the flashers from flashing. I just pulled out the Bluelink manual. On page 21 it says -

While the remote start is active, the parking lights will blink until vehicle is turned off or when the vehicle is in operation.

I took a video of what it does when I was out this evening - http://vid868.photobucket.com/albums/ab243/cjj3121/IMG_4929_zpskbjbepsx.mp4

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Oh wow that is annoying lol, I thought you meant it just blinked once.

Side note mine isn't through bluelink so I am guessing that's the difference?

We don't get bluelink here so I couldn't even try to repeat what yours is doing.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
I called the Service Dept at my selling dealer this afternoon. The person that I spoke with told me that she isn't aware of a way to stop the flashers from flashing. I just pulled out the Bluelink manual. On page 21 it says -

While the remote start is active, the parking lights will blink until vehicle is turned off or when the vehicle is in operation.

I took a video of what it does when I was out this evening - http://vid868.photobucket.com/albums/ab243/cjj3121/IMG_4929_zpskbjbepsx.mp4

Try stealing your car by leaving the window down and unlocking the car from the inside and drive off without the FOB.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I know that the car can't be stolen while it's sitting there running without the FOB. The doors are locked and if the window was broken then it would just shut off if someone tried to drive away. These lights flashing just make it the most obvious car around and sometimes I don't want it to be that obvious.

·
Registered
308 Posts
You didn't know it flashes the lights? I saw that when I got mine this past winter and it did it. I tried figuring a way to stop it, but alas, no luck.

Yes, sometimes it sucks being the obvious car, but then again, maybe thieves are looking at it going "that's bringing attention, i'm going to leave it alone"....

·
Registered
744 Posts
Most cars that I've owned over the last 15-20 years have had a remote start. Especially if I drove them in the Winter. Those were either factory installed or aftermarket. None of them flashed the lights when they were activated. My other Sonata didn't have a remote start. I found out about this the first time that I used it. Now that the weather is getting colder, I'm using it more and trying to find a way to correct the problem. I think I'm going to try pulling the flasher relay if it's easy to locate. I'll just it in the car with me. If not, I guess I'll have to deal with it.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Most cars that I've owned over the last 15-20 years have had a remote start. Especially if I drove them in the Winter. Those were either factory installed or aftermarket. None of them flashed the lights when they were activated. My other Sonata didn't have a remote start. I found out about this the first time that I used it. Now that the weather is getting colder, I'm using it more and trying to find a way to correct the problem. I think I'm going to try pulling the flasher relay if it's easy to locate. I'll just it in the car with me. If not, I guess I'll have to deal with it.
Might not work, or will send you a warning signal if the lights are detected to be not working. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Remote start 2014 Sonata

2014 sonata. Factory installed remote. When activated, my heater or ac will not come on. When you get in car you still have to wait for interior to warm up and windows to defrost. Kinda defeats purpose of having. Anyone else have this problem?

Chops

·
Registered
42 Posts
This has to be one of the best aftermarket items I have ever seen for a car. Its very high tech and It works perfectly under different situations. I wonder if it can be purchased, I see there is contact information. Its clear that Hyundai could have put the auto start on our key fob. Hyundai marketing choose no to do it due to the fact they want to bleed us for THE $99.00 bluelink "CONNECTED CARE" fee and an additional $99.00 per year "REMOTE" fee. I wonder if Hyundai installing this into "our" cars would void/cancel our warranty? ("tampering with the cars electronics and computer system")
Hyundai gives us 1 year of bluelink connected care, then they want to sell us one year on "Guidance" and sell us one year on "Remote" if you do the math for the multi year packages they take back the 3 month free trials and a portion of the free year. It makes my blood boil on the bait and switch. Its no different than the unscrupulous dealers that are out there. I've decided to wait until after the first year. If they send me a discount code for a multiyear I would be inclined to do it then. I want a level playing field and I have no affection for the deceit. My Jeep Grand Cherokee has remote start, you can pay for satellite access or you can use your fob. I just use my fob. Its great on hot or cold days. It will turn on the seat warmer and heat the steering wheel in conjunction with the outside temp. In the summer my seat is cooled which is awesome. The Mykey Premium Remote is awesome.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts