Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can i get or put a remote starter on a hybrid 2013 sonata tech limited? curious? or dont need it ?? just thinking winter purposes

·
Registered
66 Posts
no you cannot put remote starter on a hybrid
if you want to ensure your engine starts in the winter
use 0W20 engine oil

·
Registered
441 Posts
bluelink has remote starter already; you pay a monthly service; it does work; can also unlock car, lock car, flash lights and horn.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bluelink has remote starter already; you pay a monthly service; it does work; can also unlock car, lock car, flash lights and horn.

IM getting 2013 sonata hybrid limted tech
that has blue link right?? i am buying it in canada so what then?
i still have blue link???
i heard conflicting stories who knows this?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Canadians don't get the Blue Link unfortunately :( I've not seen any Canadian models with it and if you want to be 110% sure, just head to the dealer ;)

X

·
0 Posts
Interesting that canadians dont have the blue link option, maybe they have less of a cell network?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what if i buy a car in canada the hyrbid 2013 sonata limited tech and i move to states? can i get blue link then??

what the **** do we pay more for the car in canada and we cant have blue link!!!?? this doesnt make sense and what i find weird is that a canadian car dealer in quebec says they have blue link!!? im confused

·
Registered
33 Posts
I can confirm I did not get BlueLink when i purchased mine I had mine built last month.

Sounds like you just shouldn't use that dealer.

·
Registered
111 Posts
We pay more because it's a completely different economy with different import rules/levies/etc. Not to mention that most (not all, but most) provinces have much higher tax rates that anywhere in the US.

And my guess is that you'd be fighting an uphill battle to get Blue link on a Canadian car if you moved to the US. It would not be free either.

On top of the cost of adding it, and those with it can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that there's a monthly fee for it too.

OR...you can just go let your car warm up for 30 seconds and start driving it. Throw on the bum-warmers and your heater will be warm in no time at all ;) If it's extreme cold that you're worried about, then I would focus on an engine block heater, not a remote starter.

X

·
0 Posts
We pay more because it's a completely different economy with different import rules/levies/etc. Not to mention that most (not all, but most) provinces have much higher tax rates that anywhere in the US.

And my guess is that you'd be fighting an uphill battle to get Blue link on a Canadian car if you moved to the US. It would not be free either.

On top of the cost of adding it, and those with it can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that there's a monthly fee for it too.

OR...you can just go let your car warm up for 30 seconds and start driving it. Throw on the bum-warmers and your heater will be warm in no time at all ;) If it's extreme cold that you're worried about, then I would focus on an engine block heater, not a remote starter.
Thanks steelious! I needed a good laugh.. bum warmers!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Can i get or put a remote starter on a hybrid 2013 sonata tech limited? curious? or dont need it ?? just thinking winter purposes
Consider getting a Viper Alarm with remote start package. You can get a databus module with the kit and use the Viper app on your phone to remote start/lock/unlock your car. Viper dealers are in your area. Check with them regarding cost and coverage. I hope that helps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Consider getting a Viper Alarm with remote start package. You can get a databus module with the kit and use the Viper app on your phone to remote start/lock/unlock your car. Viper dealers are in your area. Check with them regarding cost and coverage. I hope that helps

·
Banned
694 Posts
Don't forget if you leave the heated seat switch on when you turn off the car, it/they will come too when you remote start.
Pretty cool (pun alert).

·
Registered
235 Posts
If you have keyless starter, make sure the remote start works with it. OEM remote start kits do not work with keyless starters.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hyundai Warmup system

Anyone in Canada have a remote starter or the Hyundai warmup system installed on their Sonata Hybrid? I have a 2014 Sonata hybrid limited and from my research and calling a couple places I am told a remote starter can be installed.

What about the warmup system, that sounds interesting.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Anyone in Canada have a remote starter or the Hyundai warmup system installed on their Sonata Hybrid? I have a 2014 Sonata hybrid limited and from my research and calling a couple places I am told a remote starter can be installed.

What about the warmup system, that sounds interesting.

Any thoughts?
I got a remote starter installed on my HSH LTD last month. Compustar. I'm in Canada. Works fine to me.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
I had a "factory" installed remote starter put on my car, works with the regular key fob.

I hate having 2 fobs it's new for 2015 models but was special ordered for my 2014 with the dealer.

I also know you can get aftermarket 1's that work with the factory key fob. My friend's Lexus push start just got it done on his 2015 model.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had a "factory" installed remote starter put on my car, works with the regular key fob.

I hate having 2 fobs it's new for 2015 models but was special ordered for my 2014 with the dealer.

I also know you can get aftermarket 1's that work with the factory key fob. My friend's Lexus push start just got it done on his 2015 model.
Wow! So you only have 1 fob? I have to carry around 2. I asked the dealer about integrating a car starter for my 2014 HSH Limited and they said there was no way to get around not carrying 2 fobs.

How much did this set you back? I absolutely hate having to carry 2. Any info you can pass along would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts