Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searched but could not find any information that states that a remote starter is available for the 2011 Sonata. Is there one available and has anyone had one installed yet?

Thank you

·
Registered
83 Posts
QUOTE (karekiu @ May 10 2010, 07:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321555
Searched but could not find any information that states that a remote starter is available for the 2011 Sonata. Is there one available and has anyone had one installed yet?

Thank you
I think any remote starting system will be ok it is a mater of finding the right wires to connect to. I do not think it is anything special about starting the Sonata engine.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
nothing from Hyundai yet, but dealer said one will probably be avaiable late this year, took them about 6 months for one for the Tucson to show up. As far as aftermarket non push button Sonatas should be abe to get it done now, for push button system they are waiting for the bypass modules to show up. But nothing special with Sonata so it can be done.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had a Viper 5301 installed on my GLS, Great unit 2-way remote 1/2 mile range, I can start my car from my desk at work. Now i'm ready for those cold Chicago winters :grin:

NOTE: This install was not done by the dealer rather a secondary supplier, Just look for someone in your area who does Car Alarms or ask you dealer who does the install for them.

http://www.viper.com/ShopViperProducts/Ite...?ItemCode=4202V

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I'm going for compustar myself just waiting for the push start bypass kits to show up. I noticed something about the push start system on the weekend when you have to warm up the car on a cold day. If you push start the car and then. Go back in the house the car will stay running even if you take the key with you. If you get into the running car without the key you are actually able to drive off without the key near by. So if a theif whew he just needs to break in and can drive off. Once he turnaround off the ignition the car is dead though. I would have thought it would kill the engine if you try to put it into gear without a key like what a remote start will do.

For this reason I'm definantely getting a remote start instead of just starting and walking away.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Personally, I want the VIPER with the iPhone remote start. Would be a nice toy to be able to start it from a few states away, lol :beer:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
So the Hyundai remote starts are available now, about $800 Canadian installed. Not sure in range but they same is equal to the mid range units of the aftermarket brands. Available in one way fir $100 less. Jk lcd it anything, just a blue led. For those without smart keys they will replace your con with a new one that has a start button. They aren't sure what the smartkey one looks like. I'm guessing it will be a mini fob.

For the price they want I'm probably going aftermarket for a much better system.

·
Registered
55 Posts
QUOTE (Souks @ Jun 18 2010, 07:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=334302
So the Hyundai remote starts are available now, about $800 Canadian installed. Not sure in range but they same is equal to the mid range units of the aftermarket brands. Available in one way fir $100 less. Jk lcd it anything, just a blue led. For those without smart keys they will replace your con with a new one that has a start button. They aren't sure what the smartkey one looks like. I'm guessing it will be a mini fob.

For the price they want I'm probably going aftermarket for a much better system.
Good grief, $800 Canadian? Does that come with fellatio too? :banana:

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'd be interested in the Viper remote start as well. Wheres the link for the Hyundai Canadian remote start? I like OEM integration as well though.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
It's not on the site yet, but dealers have it listed internally. I'm sure us ones have it too. It's made by directed electronics in Canada. They are the largest maker of remote starters in na. They make viper, command start, autostart, Clifford and a whole bunch of other brands out there. They said range is equivalent to the mid model of aftermarket units. So for the price a highend aftermarket unit will be cheaper and have more features. The advantage of Hyundai one is that its plug and play and full warranty coverage. For example if you electrical problems due to the remote start its al/ covered where aftermarket ones isn't.

QUOTE (Philth @ Jun 19 2010, 12:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=334450
I'd be interested in the Viper remote start as well. Wheres the link for the Hyundai Canadian remote start? I like OEM integration as well though.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
QUOTE (hyunnychub @ Jun 20 2010, 08:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=334793
dealer just installed mine last week. works great ...
its a oem one made in Canada :thumbsup:
How's the range on it and how strange is the signal? For example does it work when in a building with thick concrete? My office is upstairs but the walls are pretty thick so need something with a strong signal. Was reading the Tucson section of the boards and there has been a lot of complaints about the Hyundai starters regarding signal strength and range.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
QUOTE (Souks @ Jun 20 2010, 10:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=334814
How's the range on it and how strange is the signal? For example does it work when in a building with thick concrete? My office is upstairs but the walls are pretty thick so need something with a strong signal. Was reading the Tucson section of the boards and there has been a lot of complaints about the Hyundai starters regarding signal strength and range.
I really couldnt answer that because i live in a northern town of 5500, so no big buildings etc here.
I remember the card on the desk saying something like 2000 ft range.
which makes it the same as my old 99 accents starter.

·
Registered
123 Posts
keep us posted. I'd like a good one for my pushstart SE. I'd prefer not to "leave" it on and walk away.

I do hope if you have a RS, that if the car was attempted to be placed into gear, the car would disable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE (Souks @ Jun 18 2010, 07:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=334302

does anyone know of any dealers here in the US that would install a FACTORY REMOTE START? If so location and dealers name please!! Thanks in advance..

Otherwise Iam getting the Viper Smart Start installed by Best Buy.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Any Hyundai dealer in the US should have it available through the parts department. US dealers get parts a few weeks before Canadian dealers on average.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a 2011 Tucson GLS and am looking for a OEM remote starter. So far what I have researched it looks like the Avital 4003L will work and utilize my factory keyfob.

·
Banned
91 Posts
QUOTE (Souks @ Jun 18 2010, 06:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=334302

Dealer just finished mine today for $355 out the door.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I had the dealer install the remote start included in the package. Nothing special but does the job. I wanted to get the Viper too, but after the cost analysis, just not worth it for me atleast.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
QUOTE (0neslowsonata @ Jan 6 2011, 03:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=387444
Dealer just finished mine today for $355 out the door.
what do you use to engage it? do you carry a add on remote?

QUOTE (asick @ Jan 6 2011, 04:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=387489
I had the dealer install the remote start included in the package. Nothing special but does the job. I wanted to get the Viper too, but after the cost analysis, just not worth it for me atleast.
what do you use to engage it? do you carry a add on remote?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts