Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2011 Limited/Navi will be here sometime this/next week. I know that Kia has a "Smart Start" dealer installed
oem factory remote start and you get a new key with all buttons. I asked the local Hyundai dealer and they cannot find any information
on factory remote start from Hyundai. Anyone have a 2010/2011 with remote start? Your experiences..

Thanks,

Ricahrd

·
Registered
17 Posts
QUOTE (rj5620 @ Aug 18 2010, 11:33 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350136
My 2011 Limited/Navi will be here sometime this/next week. I know that Kia has a "Smart Start" dealer installed
oem factory remote start and you get a new key with all buttons. I asked the local Hyundai dealer and they cannot find any information
on factory remote start from Hyundai. Anyone have a 2010/2011 with remote start? Your experiences..

Thanks,

Ricahrd
i have a limited with nav 2010
and i have the OEM remote starter

thisd is the remote

i had a little issue but after a couple of week, all seem working perfectly
i was no able to let the fan higher than the midle, if i let the fan to high the remote strater stop and restart, after 3 time, stop working
but now i can let the fan a full speed and the remote starter work 100%

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
QUOTE (snef @ Aug 18 2010, 03:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350196
i have a limited with nav 2010
and i have the OEM remote starter

i had a little issue but after a couple of week, all seem working perfectly
i was no able to let the fan higher than the midle, if i let the fan to high the remote strater stop and restart, after 3 time, stop working
but now i can let the fan a full speed and the remote starter work 100%
But you have the Canada edition. The US market does not offer the smart key. I wish I can purchase that feature and install it my self. Being in the US I added a Viper 5901 remote starter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I was wondering how involved the install is. Have had a bad experience with installers messing up electrics in previous car.
You know the installer blames car and dealer, dealer blames installer blah blah blah. I get screwed. Do they have to remove dash, or is it an easy install?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
QUOTE (rj5620 @ Aug 18 2010, 06:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350245
Thanks for the info. I was wondering how involved the install is. Have had a bad experience with installers messing up electrics in previous car.
You know the installer blames car and dealer, dealer blames installer blah blah blah. I get screwed. Do they have to remove dash, or is it an easy install?
No they do not need to remove the dash. Only the lower cover on the drivers side. It is a pretty easy + straight forward install (providing it's done correctly). I would make sure to use a tech sheet from DEI. So you know they are using the correct wires. I would recommend that you go to a reputable alarm & stereo shop and have them do the install. There is no transponder key so that is one less thing to worry about.

·
Registered
570 Posts
QUOTE (rj5620 @ Aug 18 2010, 06:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350245
Also, whenever I have had a remote starter put on one of my vehicles, I have ALWAYS gone through the dealer, using one of their aftermarket companies they have made arrangements with. I have found the pricing to be the same, whether I dealt with that company directly or through the dealer, and (most importantly) I have never had to worry about the "blame game", because the dealer was the one who arranged the whole thing.

Let us know which one you have put on and what you think of it, as we are getting ours this fall and still haven't made up our mind.

tim B)

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
QUOTE (TimmyB @ Aug 19 2010, 08:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350587
Let us know which one you have put on and what you think of it, as we are getting ours this fall and still haven't made up our mind.

tim B)
Hi Timmy,
I would recommend the Viper 5901 or Clifford 50.7X (both owned by DEI). They make an awesome remote start. These models have pager type remotes and can let you know if the car is running, time left on remote start and a bunch of other feature all from the remote. It also have tremendous range.

·
Registered
570 Posts
QUOTE (Joeeey @ Aug 20 2010, 07:39 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350655
Hi Timmy,
I would recommend the Viper 5901 or Clifford 50.7X (both owned by DEI). They make an awesome remote start. These models have pager type remotes and can let you know if the car is running, time left on remote start and a bunch of other feature all from the remote. It also have tremendous range.
Thanks! I'll check those out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts