Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not the Bluelink via the phone app. I’m talking about what I believe is factory installed remote start, that is activated by pushing the lock button on the remote 3 times.

The car starts just fine, but the climate control does not come on until you’ve entered the car and switched to regular (non-remote start) mode.

Has anyone else experienced this issue, and if yes, please tell me if you were able to get it fixed quickly and easily.

Have had the car for 20 months now and this issue only started recently.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Actuallly... am now thinking this is NOT factory equipment. Even though it’s integrated with the factory remote, I believe it’s part of the Viper Alarm I added after purchase.

it’s going to be a pain to have to visit the place that installed it, but that’s what I probably need to do.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Doesn't your climate control remain as you left it? Mine does, unless my wife plays with it.

Could actually adjust the climate control exactly the way I want it via BlueLink and an app for my cell phone. But only worked for a year, then it was a huge amount of dollars for each additional year to renew that feature.

First three cars I owned, 30 Olds, Ford, 33 Buick had no problems adjusting the climate control, they didn't have any such modern convenience. Yes, in the winter, carried blankets, summer, well it was hot.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have the Blue Link for free till a year from this March. It works for remote start, but only runs for a max of 10 minutes. And it is pricey, so not sure I’ll keep using it after the free trial expires.

And yes... the Viper (aftermarket) remote starter is supposed to start the car in the same condition as it was in when turned off. And it did... till recently, where the climate control is dark after remote start.

Have notified the vendor and have an appointment ob Monday. Hopefully I’ll have good results to report here afterward.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Climate controls on this new stuff fires commands to a microcomputer, actuators are doing the work, the displays are digital so its a good question how your remote starter is talking to it.

Old fashion was bicycle type brake cables connected from indicating knobs on the dash were making the changes.

Cell phone is not talking to your car but to a satellite 25,000 miles above the equator, it in turn is talking to your car, like those old fashion cables were. Our vehicles came with all this hardware and we paid for it. But cost even a lot more to use it.

Have 70 foot tall trees on the south side of my home, and that stationary satellite is only 22 degrees above the horizon so neither Sirus XM or Bluelink works when the car is at home. Does in an open field someplace.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m fortunately in a Chicago suburb and no significant transmitting problems to date.

Only issue I have with Blue Link is the cost and the max duration of 10 minutes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts