Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sister purchased a 2018 Elantra Value Edition used with low miles. She checked into the blue link but her car does not support it. Would anyone know of a remote start system that can be installed in this model. It is a push to start system. M are of the Hyundai system but found out it is only for key to start models.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I have the same exact car and wanted to add remote start. What you discovered is correct. The Hyundai dealer remote start is only for the key models. They do not make one for the push button start. Your only option is aftermarket. IIRC Best Buy Total Protection ($200) warrants any installs that they do on your car against voiding the factory warranty. If she does not have any bumper to bumper warranty because she bought it used, then just any installer she trusts would do. BB has Viper DS4+ for $200 now for Black Friday. Plus $200 for the Total Protection install.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the same exact car and wanted to add remote start. What you discovered is correct. The Hyundai dealer remote start is only for the key models. They do not make one for the push button start. Your only option is aftermarket. IIRC Best Buy Total Protection ($200) warrants any installs that they do on your car against voiding the factory warranty. If she does not have any bumper to bumper warranty because she bought it used, then just any installer she trusts would do. BB has Viper DS4+ for $200 now for Black Friday. Plus $200 for the Total Protection install.
Thanks for the information. I’ll pass it on to her.

·
Registered
32 Posts

I just went to where the dealer recommended, which was another dealer groups aftermarket department. Great job and it's integrated into the factory remote. About $210 OTD.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts