Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it possible to get the heated seats to come on from a cold start automatically?

If i turned the car off with the seat heaters ON and then used my remote starter; i want them to come on without me having to push the button.

Thanks in advance! and please dont turn this into a duscussion of how remote starters are bad :)

david

·
Registered
168 Posts
Short answer: Yes. Pretty much anything is possible. I don't have a Limited, but let me ask this: If you leave the heated seats on, then turn the car off, then turn it back on again, are the seats still on? If not, then they won't be on when remote starting either, its the same thing.

In that case you'll need to get a remote starter with an auxiliary channel (most have this) and hook up that channel to the heated seat switch. Then after remote starting, you do whatever keypress is necessary to activate that auxiliary channel and that will turn the seat on.

Another option is to hook it up so the remote starter just always turns on the heated seat, then you don't need the additional keypresses/aux channel, but you probably don't want to turn the seat on all the time when you remote start. And you'd still need to hook up wiring to the heated seat switch.

·
Registered
988 Posts
A remote starte with an aux. input will be able to turn any feature on what ever it may i think you just need a relay between the system you want to turn on and the brain for the remote start system i have the viper 5902 which is amazing but it has a voltage sensor built in and if the remote system is turned on and say i have my radio with my subs on my heads lights on and the heat on setting 3 or 4 the voltage will drop and the viper system shuts off the car i think so not to cause damage to the car or something its not really a problem i always just leave the heat on 1 or 2 and by the time i get in my car its tosty and i turn my lights and radio on my self

·
Registered
299 Posts
If you leave the heated seats turned on on our 06 they will come on when turned on with either the remote starter or the key.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts