Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I am looking to get a remote start on my vehicle and I have called Hyundai USA and my local dealership asking if they carry or make a remote start for my vehicle. They both have said no. They also said that I could go aftermarket and get one installed but it would void the warranty, which I’m okay with since it’s almost done. I am curious if anyone has installed or has gotten a remote start on their 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe sport, and if so, which one?

thank you!
Chris N

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just the other day got the viper DS4. Standalone, it is merely a remote start, but has the connectors to be expanded to security system and other features. You can also get 1 way (just starts) or 2 way (confirms car is on and reads data from car) remotes with different range distances. I chose the 2 way lcd model remote. It can show me a confirmation that the car is on, extend remote start runtime length if you got distracted, and even tell you the temp in the car!!! The install time was about 2 hours, and starting price for setup with 1 way remotes is around 350+.

If you are into your phone having control, you can use your phones bluetooth as a remote start controller SUBSCRIPTION FREE. If you want to have cellular connectivity for lets say....starting the car from inside a venue before the event ends, you need to get an antenna upgrade and sub.

As you can see, the options/customizability is extensive. Also, you can technically dump the hyundai fob afterwards or just keep it as an emergency backup. On some cars they can set it up to the OEM fob, but hyundai being hyundai, they did something dumb where that option doesnt work.

·
Registered
113 Posts
When we purchased out 2017 Santa Fe we asked the dealer to have a remote start installed. We felt with the Blue Link remote start you were renting the function. The dealership had a third party install a remote start that works with our key fob. It works great and there was never a question of voiding the warranty. If you are close to South Jersey / Philly, I can recommend a dealer for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Has anyone have experience with DIY installation and operation of remote start unit for push-start made by MPC? Link: OEM Remote Activated Remote Start Kit For 2013-2019 Hyundai Santa Fe -Push-Start
Price/30 day return/free shipping is attractive but there is but 1 review. Looks like they have a good product support assistance - maybe you really need a lot of help because it is not plug n play...
Thanks in advance for your assistance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Has anyone have experience with DIY installation and operation of remote start unit for push-start made by MPC? Link: OEM Remote Activated Remote Start Kit For 2013-2019 Hyundai Santa Fe -Push-Start
Price/30 day return/free shipping is attractive but there is but 1 review. Looks like they have a good product support assistance - maybe you really need a lot of help because it is not plug n play...
Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Additional helpful info about this kit:
PARTS INCLUDED: Crimestopper RS0 Add-on Remote Start, Fortin EVO-ALL Data Bypass Module,
VEHICLE: 2013-2019 Hyundai Santa Fe - Push-to-Start - Gas
REMOTES: Uses Factory Remote
RANGE: Uses Factory Remote
IGNITION TYPE: Push-to-Start
FUEL TYPE: Gas
SPECIAL NOTES: Compatible with automatic transmission vehicles only

·
Registered
161 Posts
When I purchased my 17SFS new in Canada they had an OEM remote starter installed for my push button start. Only thing I never liked was stopping at a store for 5 minutes I could not engage the remote start, but had to shut it off and then remote start it. Benefit was it was a slim remote two way and one way, but could easy crack the case if one would drop it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts